Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Halloween critters

 

IMG_0283

Happy Halloween … a month late!  I was determined to post halloween pics before Thanksgiving.  It didn’t happen.  But here they are, my little butterflies and caterpillar. 

The girls LOVED being butterflies for Halloween.  (They just didn’t love being still for pics, hence all the unsmiling faces.)  They flapped their wings and ran around and loved wearing their wings and “hats.”  I just loved their costumes, too.  And James as a caterpillar?  Oh my goodness, he was so adorable.

IMG_0216

So we took the girls and went to our church street party on Sunday evening, which they loved.  They jumped in a ball pit, rode a train, played some games, listened to music (RIGHT in front of the stage), and got lots of “ooohs and aaaahs” at their costumes.  Poor James.  He had RSV on Halloween, so he was still recovering and did not get to participate in the church party.

IMG_0191

IMG_0178

IMG_0198

IMG_0201

IMG_0206

But we did all get out for a little while on Halloween evening to go to a neighbor’s house for a hayride and trick or treating.  James made an appearance and took a few pics and then went home with daddy.  The girls and I rode on the hayride around the neighborhood with the big kids.  It was great.  I had a couple of big girl helpers that took the girls up to every house while I sat on the hay and watched.

IMG_0293

IMG_0294

IMG_0298

IMG_0304

IMG_0316

IMG_0321

James did have a little pre-Halloween play date with his friends though … in fact, it was THE day he was diagnosed with RSV later that afternoon.  OOPS!  I had no idea, but I felt terrible exposing all those other little ones to him.  Thankfully, none of them got sick from him.  And we do have some cute pics from that day!

IMG_0066

 IMG_0068

IMG_0094

IMG_0096

IMG_0118

I just love our little play group.  I’m having so much fun getting together with the moms, and we love watching our little ones together.  We started it in August, and it’s been so crazy to see how much they have all grown even just in the last few months.

So Halloween was a success.  Now, hopefully I will get my Thanksgiving post done before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment