Saturday, December 17, 2011

2 1/3

It is time for me to do a post about my two precious girls.  I try so hard to keep up with all the milestones and developments of James’ first year (like I did with them), that I sometimes forget how fast time is flying by with my girls, who are now 2 1/3 years old!
My, oh my, what fun we have around here with these two.  They are hilarious, sweet, challenging, stubborn, smart, loving, determined, beautiful little beings.  And with SO much personality.

My Annabel …

IMG_0959

She’s my pleaser.  Lately how I’ve figured out how to get her to do anything is to tell her “it makes mommy happy when you … “  That has worked getting her to brush her teeth, keep her dirty diaper on at night (we went through a spell of taking it off after she did her business, and it was NOT fun), or whatever mommy wants her to do.  I’m trying not to overuse it because I want that to last as long as possible!  She’s my helper.  Loves to help me to laundry, take things to throw away for me, or go get things I need for James.  She is so proud of herself when I call her my helper.  But wow, is she a determined little thing.  She is into everything!!  When I’m not so exhausted or in a hurry, it is really kind of comical.  I have never seen a kid move this fast ALL the time.  She bounces from one thing to the next, and I can hardly keep up with her.  She is so independent, too.  She goes to the potty by herself, dumps it in the big potty (only a couple of spills), flushes, etc.  And I often hear her in the bathroom with the water running and go in to find her brushing her teeth or washing her hands.  Never mind that there is water everywhere!  She has become quite the talker as well.  I love it!  One of the most amazing things about her is her memory!  I can tell her something one time, and weeks later, she will remember it and repeat it back to me.  She remembers who gave her everything (“potty book from Ella & Ashley,” “brown boots from Nannie & Paw-Paw,” “booster seats from grandmommy,” etc.)  It also comes in handy when I ask her where her shoes are or when she is looking for a particular stuffed animal.  She remembers exactly where it is.  She is kind of a mommy’s girl and loves to be by my side and to run errands with me.  And she loves hugs and kisses and loves her “Rosy” bear … that she always says “Mrs. Terry gave me Rosy.” 

And my Madeline …

IMG_1102

What a funny, witty child.  She is all or nothing.  And by all, I mean the funniest, sweetest little thing ever with smiles that light up the room and laughter that is contagious..  And by nothing, I mean the meltdowns that come out of nowhere and nothing can stop them or make them better!  I wish we could figure out what makes her tick when she is in meltdown mode, but the best we can do is let her work it out herself in her bed or crib.  It passes, and then is is back to happy Maddie just a few minutes later!  She is so so smart, and has the vocabulary of a 10 year old (guess it helps that she has a mommy who talks ALL the time).  She still loves to sing and dance, and also likes to command her sister (“stister” as she calls her) to sing and dance with her.  Yes, she is so so bossy.  She even calls herself bossy.  Guess someone has to take charge, huh?  And chatty!  I hear her in her room talking to Annabel, her dolls or stuffed animals or whoever will listen for HOURS after she is supposed to be going to sleep.  She loves everyone, but loves her daddy. “My daddy, where’s my daddy,” is a frequent phrase around here.  They have a weekly date on Saturday mornings to Kroger, and she loves going to the “story” with daddy.  One of the funniest things was last week at breakfast when she blurted out, “my daddy is big and tall!”  Of course, Annabel responded, “no, my daddy is big and tall,” and Madeline said, “no, my daddy is big and tall,”  Never a dull moment with those two.  They have the funniest conversations.  Madeline is also a girl who knows what she wants … like bright yellow polka dot socks with her pretty Christmas outfit!  No point in fighting that battle.  And she loves her baby dolls and blankets.  When I got to pick her up out of bed in the morning, she has an ARMFUL of animals and multiple blankets, making it very hard for me to hold them ALL to lift her out of her crib.  I think that’s her motherly side … she likes to have her entourage with her at all times.  Her “stuff” as she calls it. 

Both of them have really taken to their brother James lately.  He is, of course, more fun now that he is sitting up and interacting and laughing with them.  They LOVE to make him laugh.

IMG_1070
IMG_1304

My sweet baby girls are getting so big.  But not too big to sit on my lap and be tickled.  They will never be too big for that!

IMG_1316

And as crazy is life is right now, I really try to enjoy them both .. together and individually.  They are such different little people.  I love doing one on one things with them.  It is hard, but I want to continue to make that effort.  I want to enjoy every minute of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment