Monday, July 2, 2012

The Pool

I can't believe that it is July and I have not posted anything about the pool yet.  The pool has been our favorite destination this year.  And we are SO lucky to have two family members who live close by with pools that we can use any time.   


The girls' first swim of the year was in APRIL!  In an unheated pool!  It was pretty cold, but they loved it, especially Madeline.  I was not there when they first got in but heard they got right in and started swimming all over the place.  When I got there, she was so excited saying, "Watch me, mommy" with teeth chattering so hard you could hear them across the yard.  So much for my worry about whether they would do ok in the water and remember swimming from last year.  I did not get any photos of their first swim, but this was a few days later when we swam to celebrate their Jaboo's birthday.  I think we swam three times before it was even May.  Looks like I have a couple of fish!



 And apparently after I left that evening to take James home, they decided to get back in with their clothes on ... or their shorts, anyway.  Gotta love some topless little swimmers. 
  

I love this picture of their little after swimming faces with their EE (Aunt Sara).



Then the week after his birthday in mid-May, James hosted his first swim party for our little play group.  It was their first time in the water this year.  We have a really fun playgroup, and although only about half of the people were able to come, we had a blast playing in the pool with all of our friends.  It was pretty funny to see all their reactions to the water.  Some were wild (Claire & Ben), some splashed like crazy (Juliet), some just took it all in (Rachel & Jim), and some were not too happy with it in the beginning but finally got the hang of it (James).  We love watching these little ones play together and experience new things.


Getting the babies' feet wet.
James is not sure about this swimming thing.
Still not sure ... 
The swim crew babies ... Rachel, James, Juliet, Claire, Jim and Ben.


And then there was Memorial Day.  As we did last year, we skipped the lake, and stayed home and played all day at grandmommy and grandddaddy's pool.  It was a nice HOT Memorial Day, so the pool was great.  And the kids loved playing with some of their cousins.
Running the path around to the pool.
Showing off their favorite polka dot swimsuits.
Can I get in now?!?!
One of the cutest bottoms ever.
Boogie boarding with Aunt Lynley
They love hanging with their big cousins, Ella and Ava.
James spending his Memorial Day doing his favorite activity ... eating!
Family pool time
He's starting to like this swimming thing.
Annabel said James was a boat.
Madeline hitching a ride.
But I'm not ready to get out of the pool and go home!

We have definitely enjoyed our pool time so far this summer.  The weather has been so hot!  We swam more in May this year than I can ever remember doing.  June, too!  Like I said, thank goodness for family with pools!!

No comments:

Post a Comment