I guess that is why I'm a sucker for planning reunions. I headed up the planning of our 10 year reunion and of course did it again for our 20th. Thank goodness for Facebook that made it so much easier. I had a lot of fun getting in touch with people and catching up. I wish more classmates would have been able to make it, but I think those who did had a great time.
And my college friends ... what would I do without them? I treasure my days in my sorority. It was so much more than a social thing. It was forming friendships and bonds that will no doubt last a lifetime. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have spent those years living in a house with so many wonderful girls. We laughed together, cried together, spent many hours studying and writing papers together, supported each other, looked out for each other, and so much more. My college friends have always been there for me through good times and bad. Our sorority did a major house renovation and celebrated the completion with a new house dedication ceremony and reunion weekend. Because we are now scattered all over the country, only a few of us were able to travel to Fayetteville for the weekend. But like always, it is like no time has passed and we pick back up talking and laughing like we were never apart. How fun it is to relive those days ... and to laugh at all our crazy memories. I love these girls!!
I think we still clean up pretty good considering we are now pushing 40!! We sure missed the rest of our crew but had a great day on campus and night out on the town.
And family! We had a tradition growing up known as "Thanksmas" when we would all get together for Thanksgiving in Brinkley where my grandparents lived and would exchange gifts and celebrate Christmas while there. As kids, we especially looked forward to that part. And we had a blast with all of our extended family and distant cousins who we often got to see only at "Thanksmas." That tradition waned over the years as the patriarchs of the family got older and the miles between everyone grew greater. But the second generation decided to bring it back this year and planned a wonderful weekend of family time on a beautiful fall weekend in October. We had a great time and missed those cousins and relatives who lived too far away and were unable to travel back to be with us. Happy "Thanksmas" from the McKnight side of the family!
From the oldest ...
To those of us cousins in the middle ..
To the youngest generation ...
A good time was had by all!
I love reunions.



No comments:
Post a Comment