Monday, March 3, 2014

2014 so far ...

How it is that two months of 2014 have already passed? It has been a long cold winter. And as much as I love winter, I am ready for this one to end. Being couped up for days on end because of ice and cold is not fun for this mommy of four little ones. And not fun for the little ones either! Luckily the layout of our downstairs is like a big circle ... or a race track! So much for the "no running in the house" rule. They NEED to run in the house! They play chase, hide and go seek, ride trikes, and push strollers, dump trucks and cars around. And our empty dining room has gotten a lot of use as a dance floor, pretend skating rink, etc. Praise the Lord for a child friendly home and extra room to play!

Oh yeah, and I turned 39.  Woo hoo ... approaching the end of an era.  Not sure what I think about being so close to 40.  I will save that for another post.  But I wanted to include my laughable attempt at a birthday picture this year with my growing crew.  Good times! (I promise they were laughing, not screaming.)



About that snow I was hoping for in a previous post ... we finally got a little. Very little. But after all this ice, even an inch of snow was a nice change. The kids could actually walk without falling down and make snow balls. Elliot was much happier with the snow than ice!

It was pretty funny that it happened on the Saturday that the girls got to go to a Frozen themed birthday party for their friend.  They loved getting to wear their favorite princess dresses!



After the party, we got dressed up and had a little fun in the snow ...







 And yes, they enjoyed eating it.

 The craziest part is that as I write this, on MARCH 3, there is a solid layer of sleet and ice outside.  I will be stuck in my garage for days because the sleet drift against my garage door is over 3 feet high.  It is THE craziest thing I have ever seen.  I have never experienced sleet like that.  But since the wind chill today was as low as -1 degrees, we did not venture outside.  I hate to miss another opportunity to play and even go sledding, but we must stay injury free for our big vacation in less than 48 hours!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment