Monday, December 22, 2014

Married

Get ready for a post full of photos.  It is not every day that your niece gets married and your daughters are the flower girls and son is a ring bearer.  That was BIG stuff around here!  My kiddos love their older cousins and were so excited for Sara Ann and Ethan to get married.  They've never known anything but Sara Ann and Ethan being together since those two were some of the first family members to come and hold the tiny twins.  What a wonderful couple, and the six of us couldn't be happier for them.  

Now for the photos!  Does it get any cuter than this???!?!


A little tiny Annabel fit in this one ... 


Madeline posing, Annabel making a silly face, James with an uncertain smile, and Elliot running away ... a very true to life photo!


... And we lost the little one.  But James was happy to be a part of this fun day with his sisters.  He told them they looked like princesses.  



Speaking of princesses, here are these two with their Prince Charming.


And my little Prince.


Here are some of my favorite behind the scenes pre-wedding photos.  My girls loved getting their hair done and being part of the whole wedding scene.  
















What a beautiful bride!  And a beautiful ceremony.  The girls did a great job, although I missed most of it because I got stuck out in the hall with a loud Elliot.  James and his fellow "ring bear" Daniel were so handsome and quite talkative up at the front.  Kinda hard to hush him from 25 feet away though.  Luckily the couple was all about the kids and were not bothered in the least by some little kid antics.  The funniest moment was when James came back to sit down in the pew with us and loudly announced, "I did a GREAT job!"  That got a good laugh from the couple of pews behind us.  He was quite proud of himself.  And he loved his wedding outfit!  He wanted to wear it all week prior the wedding and was so excited when the big day arrived.  Never seen a kid so happy with suspenders and a bow tie, but oh my goodness, he and Elliot were so cute!

We all went downtown to the fabulous reception.  The kids had a blast ... the girls LOVED dancing, and I think the cupcakes were the boys' favorite part.  Despite his love of dancing, I couldn't seem to get shy James out on the dance floor.  And I couldn't get Elliot off the dance floor.  He just wanted to stand there, cupcake in hand (and on face), and take it all in.  Here are some pictures of everyone having a great time!






















I adore all the dancing pictures.  Madeline was in her own little world spinning around on the dance floor dancing to the music while daddy played the drums.  It was a very memorable weekend for everyone!

These two are very into the "married" thing lately.  With all the excitement of the big wedding in October, I guess they wanted to get into the fun.  We had many stuffed animal weddings and lots of talk about who they were going to marry.  Or I should say lots of Madeline telling us she was going to marry daddy, and lots of Madeline arranging who everyone else would marry ... Annabel could marry James, Elliot could marry mommy, and so on.

But then Madeline came home one day and announced she and her friend Ben had gotten married. Quite a cute little couple, I must say.  But the announcement came about 20 or so years too early.


 And Annabel decided she was going to marry her friend David.  I didn't manage to get an "engagement" photo of them, but here they are at their back to school party.  Also very cute.



Daddy and I better start saving now for the weddings for these two little princesses!


No comments:

Post a Comment