Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Well, it appears my girls are fans of all God's creatures ... even spiders! A few nights ago while brushing teeth, the girls spotted a little spider crawling in their bathtub. Eeeck!! Annabel saw it first and starting squealing and pointing ... with delight, not fear. Almost immediately, she started doing her hands in motions of the Itsy Bitsy Spider song!! Yep, that's a spider, kiddo. Madeline saw it too and joined in with motions and trying to sing the song. It was quite funny. Too bad I had to kill their little spider friend.
Then another little 8 legged friend popped up this morning as they were getting dressed. It was crawling across the big comfy chair in their room. Double Eeeeck! They again started squealing and laughing at it as I grabbed the closest thing to me to smash it with ... the backside of a wet diaper I had just changed. They were trying to grab my hand to uncover the spider and apparently wanted to play with it. I really wish I could have gotten that on video because they were so excited about the spider, but that wasn't really the kind of thing I wanted to let crawl around while I went to grab the video camera.
I'm not really scared of spiders (although I do NOT like them in my babies' rooms!!), but I don't think we will be having any spiders as pets anytime soon. Sorry girls. And I will remind you of your love for spiders when you are older and screaming for your daddy to come kill a bug in your room.
And maybe it is time to call an exterminator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment