Friday, June 24, 2011

ONE MONTH OLD

Look at my baby boy on his one month birthday on June 10th! He's getting so big ... and cuter every day. I hope to keep this up monthly so I can remember what he was doing each month. So baby James, at 1 month old you: - weigh 8 lb 11 oz and the doc was SO happy with your weight gain. - eat about 3 oz every three hours. - usually sleep for about 2-3 hours between feedings at night. Typical night is feeding at 11:00, 3:00 and 6:00. Not bad for a one month old. And you are still in a bassinet in our room, which I love. - still wear newborn clothes and diapers but getting close to moving up. - make good eye contact and probably wonder what the heck those crazy sisters of yours were doing. - have already had an ear infection and two rounds of antibiotics and were already on reflux meds. You are an overachiever already. - have dark brown eyes already (I think they were brown from the beginning) and a lot of hair. No sign of losing any of that beautiful hair yet. - rolled over from your front to back. But it only happened once, and I think that was because you weren't happy on your tummy at that moment. We'll have to keep up the tummy time to see if you do it again. - are a SNUGGLER!! And I love it. Your favorite place to nap is with me holding you and your little face nuzzled in my neck. And you are probably getting a wee bit spoiled since I tend to hold you a lot. :>) I guess that's about all the life of a one month old consists of ... eating, sleeping, pooping and starting to observe the world around you. I can already tell you are so smart (of course!) and inquisitive. You are a bright eyed baby, and I can't wait to see what each new month holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment