Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2 Months Old

Little James turned 2 months old on July 10th. Time is flying. I laugh at how I always say ages in weeks until about 2-3 months, and then you say their ages in months until they hit about age 2, and then ages are in 1/2 years. ha! So all at once, James graduates from weeks to months, and the twins are about to graduate from months to years! I guess it would sound silly to keep telling people they are 25 months old, etc. More about my almost 2 year olds later. For now, baby James, at 2 months old you:

- weigh about 10 lb 10 oz (big boy!!)

- eat about 4 oz every 3 hours (you still like your frequent meals!)

- are NOT sleeping well. :( What was a 3:00 a.m. feeding someone pushed itself back to about 1:00 or so, and then you wanted to eat again around 4:00. So apparently you did not get the message about dropping a feeding as you get older and decided to ADD one instead.

- are definitely into size 1 diapers, and we still prefer huggies to pampers, and are wearing all your 0-3 month clothes quite nicely.

- love to smile!!!! And you are smiley-est (is that word?) when I lie you on your changing table to change you or flat on the floor to stretch out. You also love to smile at your big sisters. Coincidentally, you smiled for the first time on your 6 week birthday and laughed for the first time on your 2 month birthday. Way to celebrate those milestones!

- have started "talking" and it is so cute. I'll make sounds to you and you make them right back to me. I love those baby coos!

- are holding your head up really well and even sat in the bumbo seat for a little while this week.

- have had no more ear infections, but you have been congested like crazy for the last 2 weeks. And you HATE the "gunker" (i.e. nasal aspirator) like no kid I've ever seen. You scream bloody murder.

- are still on reflux meds and also apparently have a milk allergy. :( No regular old formula for you. You demand the pricey stuff!! And mommy has even cut out dairy for your sake, which has not been easy. It was a rough few weeks of fussiness until we figured that out, but it seems to be getting better now.

- did lose some of that pretty hair and have a bit of a receding hairline, but you still have enough left to get all kinds of compliments about your beautiful dark hair.

- and just like at 1 month old, you are still the snuggliest little baby. You absolutely got spoiled from me holding you, but that's ok. We are now learning how to nap in your bed, and yesterday when I laid you down on the blanket in the middle of the floor for a minute to stretch out, you even fell asleep there! And since no toddlers were home to step on your head, I left you there and got some work done.

My favorite thing from this month has definitely been the smiles and coos. You are a baby who knows what he likes ... a clean diaper (you hate to be dirty), a prompt bottle as soon as you get hungry, and a neck or shoulder to nuzzle. As long as those needs are met and your tummy isn't hurting, you are a pretty darn happy baby. The girls love you more every day, and they get so tickled when you smile at them. I love it! Happy (late) 2 month birthday, baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment