Saturday, September 24, 2011

4 months

4 months old!!  Time is flying.  James, you are growing like crazy and learning all kinds of new things.  At 4 months old, you,

- weigh 14 lb 7 oz.  That seems so big, yet it is still just in about the 30th percentile.  (But considering the girls didn't hit 14 pounds until about 6 1/2 months old, that is big to me!)

- have fewer but bigger bottles about 5 times a day now.  That's a new routine we are trying to learn.  Otherwise, we were up until 11 p.m. trying to fit in that 6th bottle every day.  And you get so excited when you see your bottle or hear me shake it. 

- are still a great sleeper!  I'm SO blessed.  You usually go to sleep by about 10:30 and sleep until 7:30 or sometimes 8:00 or later.  I can pretty much count on you sleeping through the night every night.  Now I'm just trying to move bedtime up a bit so I can go to bed earlier.  :>)

- are well into size 2 diapers and most of your 3-6 month clothes.  You are a long little critter, so you are busting out of the feet of all your 0-3 month sleepers.

- are just as smiley and happy as ever.  EXCEPT when we try to burp you mid bottle.  You cry and scream like someone has just hurt your feelings in a major way.  It is pretty funny actually. 

- love to sit up or stand up on my lap.  You get all giggly when I hold you up to look around.  You are a strong little dude and can hold your own weight on your legs with no problem.

- have started putting everything in your mouth.  You like your paci more and more these days, but your favorite is your fist.  Yes, you can pretty much cram your whole fist in your mouth.  And it makes you happy to do so.

- also love to hold things in your hands ... your lovey, my hand, my hair, etc.  Quite a grip, you have!

- have discovered your feet.  Haven't quite reached your toes to your mouth yet, but you love playing with them and pulling off your socks.

- are a serious kicker!  Those feet go 90 mph all the time.  I can hardly keep socks on your feet between you kicking them off or pulling them off.

- are rolling over more these days, but still just from back to front, which is odd to me seems that seems the harder way to roll over.  You don't love being on your belly too much but tolerate it.

- still don't have much of a routine, although that's partly because our schedule varies so much from day to day.  You have started daycare now a couple of days a week, which has kind of thrown you off.  I think there is too much to see or hear for you to eat or sleep like you are used to.  We'll see ...

 - and you fall fast asleep when I rub your forehead or hair.  Who could blame you? 

I think my favorite thing this month is simply how "touchy feely" you are.  I love how you hold my fingers or touch my hair, and I love that you love for me to rub your forehead or tickle your back or feet.  I always said I hoped my kids liked to be rubbed or have their back scrathed, and I got three of those kids!

And of course I love that you are SO happy and full of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment