Well, that is kind of misleading. Really I should title it "anything that I can tolerate at all without vomiting" but that seemed like a little much for a title line.
I figured I would look back one day and laugh at the extent of my nausea and morning sickness. "Morning sickness." HA! It is 9:20 p.m., and I am about to force myself to eat toast so I have something in my stomach before bed ... and I am praying that will stay down (but probably not). I am 10 weeks pregnant now, and at the first of this week, the sickness went from bad to WORSE. And I remembered that 10-15 weeks has been the worst of my other pregnancies. So here we go ...
But the humorous side of it is what I CAN eat. It has varied with each pregnancy. With the twins, I went to TCBY and got a Black 'n Blueberry Smoothie about every other day. I think they knew my order when they saw my car pull in. I wonder what they thought. I never bothered to tell them I was pregnant and that was all I could eat. With James, it was french fries, which would have made me sick with the twins. I craved fruit, fruit, fruit with them, and then salty food and fries with him.
So round 3 ... and I'm craving fries again. Or at least that sounds remotely edible. It is so strange how I can eat a plateful of Wendy's fries but the thought of putting one bite of chicken or any vegetable in my mouth sends me over the edge. My prediction? This is another boy! (I have no preference, for the record, but I think it will be interesting to see if the "craving theory" turns out to be true. 50/50 chance, I guess.)
But I am trying to avoid that french fry habit since the weight with James was SO much harder to get off than with the twins. How did I gain half as much, but keep it for twice as long? So instead, I have discovered a Subway sandwich that is do-able ... 6 inch on wheat with ham, lettuce and tomato. Nothing more. The Subway people look at me like I'm nuts when I turn down any cheese, condiments, etc. and even tell them to go light on the ham. And I have now had that sandwich every other day for the past week and a half. I am sensing a TCBY repeat here. But hey, whatever works! There certainly could be worse things to indulge in.
As for other "cravings," my other favorites during all my pregnancies have been fruit loops (I eat a small bowl almost nightly before bed), unfrosted poptarts (must have first thing in the morning), plain pasta noodles with plain ol' marinara sauce (my dinner multiple nights a week when I can eat), and pretzels by the baggie full (as anyone who has ever been in court with me can attest to). Yes, that's a lot of carbs. Oh well ... again, whatever works.
I really am not complaining. I HATED hearing people complain about being pregnant when I was going through our years of infertility. I would have given my left leg to be puking all day for that reason. This is just part of the amazing miraculous process that I am lucky enough to get to go through ... and a part that is so quickly forgotten the very first moment you hold a baby in your arms. But feeling like this while mixing nasty smelling Nutramigen bottles, feeding not so pleasant smelling baby food, and cleaning ALL sorts of baby and toddler poop, snot & vomit messes of three little ones is a challenge. But I'm up to the challenge! Thank you, Lord, for giving me this challenge!
Now I am going to go eat toast and change diapers before taking my phenergan.
No comments:
Post a Comment