Time is slipping by and I have six months worth of thoughts, words, memories, etc. of my funny little girls that I want to write about. Of course it is craziness around here, and blogging has fallen down the list of things to do. I was keeping a little of all the funny sayings on my phone ... the phone that got thrown in the lake. So sad. But I do not want to forget about all the funny and wonderful things they are saying and doing these days. So here goes ...
My Madeline,
You are now 3 year and 3 months old ... going on 15 years old, I think. You are one of the funniest, wittiest, quirkiest little girls I have ever known. Saying you have a flair for the dramatic is an understatement. As one of my friends recently said, we may very well be asking for your autograph one day as you star in a Broadway show or something like that. You love to sing and perform, and "watch me" or "watch this" and "is this funny" is an often heard phrase around here. One of my favorite recent memories is you reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. I got it on video! It is the funniest and cutest thing I have ever heard, especially the "undibisable" part. You are quite the entertainer.
As for the fun facts and quirky things about you, you ...
- weigh about 28 pounds 4 oz.
- wear size 2t and some 3t clothes and size 8 1/2 shoes and are a bit smaller/thinner than your sister
- have the funniest crazy curly hair and have had one haircut (just recently)
- take FOREVER to fall asleep at naps or at night because you talk to and play with your "friends" but sleep longer at naptime (if you will finally fall asleep) and sleep later in the morning
- have more stuffed animals and objects in your bed than I can count.
- are not a morning person
- had regressed on the potty training thing but are now doing well
- are still a daddy's girl
- have a reputation for being a wee bit bossy at home and school
- don't like for your brother to play with your toys ... or touch you ... or look at you.
- do more talking than eating at the dinner table
You favorite things are:
Favorite show - close call between Dora the Explorer and Little Ensteins
Favorite activity - singing, reading books and playing with your "friends" (stuffed animals).
Favorite song - "You are my Sunshine" ... you love for me to sing it and to sing it back to me.
Favorite stuffed animal - You have SO many, but right now it would have to be your "Daisy Bunny"
Favorite thing to wear - It varies daily. You have your own fashion sense. We went through a serious goggle phase where you wanted to wear them all the time. Then it was sunglasses. Maybe your tutu's are your favorite thing to wear right now. Or your hat.
Favorite color - definitely pink.
Favorite foods - Macaroni and cheese, watermelon, bananas, blueberries, "balls pizza" (sausage), and bratwursts (which I think is odd), and sometimes broccolli. Sometimes you love it and ask for it. Other days you won't touch it. Fickle little thing.
Favorite drink - milk and grape juice
A few funny Madeline pics:
| Serenading me with the harmonica. |
| My little hoarder has to have ALL her stuff in her bed. |
| I'm so cool I gotta wear shades ... upside down. |
| Or goggles. |
| Silly ice cream face. |
My Annabel,
Of course you are also 3 1/4 years old ... and act like a teenager sometimes. You have always been and continue to be my "wild child." You have more energy than ever, and you are always moving. Sometimes it is such a challenge to even sit still in your chair that I have to buckle you in to eat your dinner. But you are also so very sweet and loving (most of the time) to your little brothers. You are the big sister who takes James by the hand to lead him, lets him hug you and sit in your lap, and wants to make sure everyone is happy. My favorite memories of you recently are how I always look over to see James sitting in your lap with your arms around him. He loves you, and you clearly love him too.
The fun facts and things that make you who you are ...
- weigh 31 pounds and 2 oz.
- wear size 3t clothes, size 9 shoes, and are a bit taller and more muscular than sis
- play hard and sleep hard IF we can just get you to stay in your bed at bedtime.
- you ARE a morning person and like to rise at the crack of dawn.
- had developed a very bad habit of waking multiple times a night and waking us up, which is a no no! But I think we are maybe nearing the end of that phase because it has gotten a bit better.
- are still as fast and furious as ever and do not like to sit still.
- are still hooked on a pacifier, perhaps more than ever although you don't have one at school during the day.
- have a memory like I cannot believe. you remember directions of how to get places, where you left things, where I left things, people's names, who gave you what gifts, etc.
Your favorite things are:
Favorite show - Dora and Little Einsteins.
Favorite activity - working puzzles or playing with trains or legos
Favorite song - Old McDonald Had A Farm and Wheels on the Bus
Favorite stuffed animal - Your "Rosy" is definitely your best friend.
Favorite thing to wear - Boots. Rain boots, furry boots, etc.
Favorite color - Purple! You are obsessed with all things purple. You always talk about your purple car and tell me you are going to build a purple house. You were pumped to see the purple boat at the lake. And you love to play on the purple dinosaur at your new playground at school.
Favorite foods - Pasta, macaroni and cheese, bratwursts, green beans, watermelon, peanut butter, pretzels, and the latest is chocolate. You are definitely my daughter. You sneak in the pantry and help yourself!
Favorite drink - water and apple juice.
A few funny Annabel pics:
| Playing with friends. |
| This is my mad face! |
| Gathering chairs for all her friends. |
| Loving on brother. |
| Blue ice cream mouth. |
Here are some of my favorite sister pictures from the past few months.
| Moved up to the White House. |
| Crazy morning girls. |
| Madeline not wanting to hold Annabel's hand. |
| The one night I found them both in Madeline's bed. |
| Loving the lake. |
| Ice cream date with mommy. |
| Typical. Madeline being silly and Annabel throwing something. |
Like I said, NEVER a dull moment. And I wouldn't change it for anything. I love you girls to the moon and back!
No comments:
Post a Comment