Friday, January 18, 2013

Elliot - 4 months



Once upon a time (approx 28 days ago), a little boy named Elliot turned 4 months old.  His mommy was so busy that she never got around to writing about little Elliot at 4 months old until now.  But his mommy says better late than never!

Elliot, at 4 months, you:

- keep growing and growing and growing and weigh 15 lb 11 oz. (60th percentile) and are about 26 inches long (88th percentile).

- still eating about every 3 hours during the day and like to drink every drop of your 4 oz bottle. So we increased it a bit at night and first thing in the morning.

- are outgrowing some of your 6 month clothes because you are so long. So I have a 4 month old who is wearing some 9 month sleepers. And you are into size 3 diapers.

- try to hold your own bottle sometimes.

- SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT ... or at least from 11-6 (which I consider through the night) on December 5th at 15 weeks old. Woo hoo! That is a major milestone for you and was very much a surprise to me since we previously had been waking up together every 2-3 hours. Your new sleeping habits were my Christmas miracle!

- chuckled outloud for the first time on December 20, the day before you turned 4 months old. And what a sweet sound it was.

- had no doctor's visits between your 3 month birthday and your 4 month birthday? Is that possible?

- love your baths and have figured out how to kick and splash water all over me and the counter. You are about to outgrow your sink/countertop tub so we may have to move you to a big boy bath soon.

- don't like to be wet or poopie. That's still the first thing I check if you are fussy.

- LOVE your pacifier. I think I've said it before, but you and that thing are growing more and more attached. So that makes 3 out of 4 of my kids who are paci dependent. ha.

- still are the best hand holder I know. We spend lots of time holding hands and rocking.

- had your first visit with Santa. And you were a smiley baby at the big guy in the red suit. You liked him!

As for my favorite thing this month, I think it is simply that you are so much happier these days.  You smile and laugh outloud. You are so much more content and will sit in your exersaucer or jumper and just watch the world around you. You will just chill out in your glider or swing ... for at least a little while, anyway.
I've never wished my children to grow up faster, but given that you were not particularly a happy baby due to tummy/digestive stuff that they said should resolve itself by age 6 months, I was kind of anxious to get you past that painful period. And it seems we have done that already!

Here are my other favorite pics from the past month.

You have discovered your feet.
Hugs for your bear.
Happy boy for the holidays.
Hugs from brother.
More hugs from brother.
Hugs from sister ... who is a little gentler.  
Surprised face.
Worried face.
Silly crazy hair face.
Happy talking to mommy face.
and sleepy content face.  
First visit with Santa.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment