Saturday, April 27, 2013

Rooms

Before things got too chaotic here with the moving (more about that later), I thought to take pictures of the kids' rooms in their first house.  Maybe one day they will be curious about what their first rooms looked like. Or maybe I will just enjoy looking back at the pictures and remembering every moment and milestone that happened in those rooms.  So here is a little house tour of how things look now ...

Welcome to the girls' room.


It is crazy in there.  That picture is pretty accurate of how it usually looks in there ... and it makes me laugh. It is where most all of the playing, dressing, reading, etc. occurs.  It is most definitely the group room.  Madeline loves to dance on her bed so she can see herself in the mirror.  James loves to join her.


Oh, and there is only one name canvas still hanging on the wall because little Madeline kept messing with hers and pulling it down on herself, so I took it down.


Annabel loves to play with her baby dolls and stuffed animals.  And as you can see by the door, she also decided to do a little artwork on her wall.  She says it's an airplane.  


I still use and love their window treatments my mom made that matched their baby bedding.  I loved that paisley fabric the moment I saw it, and hated to quit using their baby bedding because I loved it so much.  And of course there is the big blue chair that we still use every day with these two girls.
 


And when baby Elliot needed their dresser (it matched the crib), I pulled back out my old dresser I got when I was 8 years old, and put it to good use.  



There room is rarely, if ever, clean.  But it is lived in and fun.  It was not their first room, but they moved gave up their nursery for brother James when they were about 19 months old, and have called this room "home" since then.  It is a happy room with many memories!!

And welcome to James's room.



It is yellow as well because it was already painted for his sisters, and I decided to leave it that way because I think it is a happy color and just "boy" it up a bit.  Like with the girls' room, I fell in love with this polka dot fabric and matching dog fabric that I used for his bedding.  I love it!!



He looks so big in that crib now!  And I decided to put a twin bed in his room since we lost our guest room at that time.  I figured I needed at least one extra bed in the house.  James loves it too, as you can see.


And I love love love the pictures I have of him framed above the bed (that I took myself!!) and the precious little canvas a friend painted for me with my little bible verse from James that I love so much.  


And then here is the other side of his room.  


And this is my view from the brown chair in his room.  It is my favorite chair in the entire house ... it swivels, it glides, it reclines back while swiveling and gliding! I think I've spent more time in it than any other seat in the house, so I have looked at his room from this angle for countless hours.  And Sadie's head peeking around the corner is pretty common, too.


And welcome to Elliot's room ... which did not exist as a bedroom until he came along. It was my study, but we added a wall and opened up a door on the other wall.  It is small, but isn't it cute?!



After having two other yellow rooms, I decided I wanted a soft blue calm baby looking room for this little guy.  I love the way the blue turned out, and I thought the argyle bedding with a few teddy bears sprinkled around was very little boy-ish.


The added angled wall made a perfect place for his bed.  And the little canvases above his bed, that were also painted by a friend of mine, just make me happy!



As will probably be the case most of his life, Elliot did not get much new with his room.  He got his sisters' crib, dresser and furniture, and even their sheets and and lamps.  It is a simple room, but I love it.  I never get tired of looking at this picture framed over his dresser.


He is loving to play in his room these days and loves to crawl around to all his toys.


And this is the view from his chair ... which happens to be right into my room.  It is very convenient.


So that is the tour of our kids' rooms as they look in April 2013 when the kids are 3 1/2, almost 2, and 8 months.  Now I can pack them up and move on to start creating new memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment