My kids love Elmo!! All three of the "big kids" have been big fans of the little furry red monster. And I'm a Sesame Street fan and will gladly let them watch that over some of the other crazy nonsense shows on tv. So when I heard Sesame Street Live with Elmo was coming, I decided we needed to go. The day before the show, I started to hesitate about taking James, wondering if he would really get into it and how he would do sitting through a long show. But I took him anyway, and glad I did. That little boy LOVED it! He sat on the edge of his seat (because if he sat back, the folding seat would close up on him!) and was mesmerized through the whole thing. He clapped, sang, and danced in his chair. The girls loved it too. Our friends Mrs. Terry and Allie went with us, and we had a blast! There were times during the show when I almost got teary eyed just watching the excitement on my kids' faces and seeing them have so much fun. It is one of those mommy moments I always dreamed of before I became a mommy.
 |
| So excited to be here and yelling for Elmo!!! |
 |
| Waiting for the show to start. |
 |
| Elmo and friends! |
 |
| Her reaction to seeing them. |
 |
| He loved watching every minute of it. |
And of course they loved the toys and popcorn ... and you should have seen the looks on their faces when they had their first taste of the cotton candy that Mrs. Terry bought for them.
I cracked up on the way home when I glanced in the backseat and saw this.
It looks like he was about to crash from the cotton candy and Elmo high he had been on all morning. And of course we came home with some souvenirs, thanks to Mrs. Terry. The Elmo triplets are being well taken care of.
Their first experience going to a show was a huge success. So Elmo, next time you come back, I assure you we will be there to see you again. My kids are already asking for you! Until then, we will see you on tv ... and in our dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment