Sunday, March 31, 2013

Elliot - 7 Months


My sweet pea is now 7 months old.  And happier and cuter than ever!  He is such a joy these days and is very much an "easy baby."  Hallelujah!  I love every moment with him and cannot imagine not having this little #4.

Elliot, at 7 months old, you:

- probably weigh close to 20 pounds.  We have not had an official weigh in lately.  But you feel like lead.  And you are thicker around the middle than any of your 3 siblings are at this time.

- started wearing a size 4 diaper.  So now you and James can wear the same size diapers!  And you are needing 12 month sleepers for your length.

- love to eat.  Still have not found anything you do not love, except puffs and yogurt bites.  The look on your face when I gave you little bites of those was priceless.  You looked like you just ate a sour pickle and were trying to shake it off.

- are still sleeping really well.  Usually down around 9:00 and up around 7:00.  Good boy!

- have TWO teeth!  Those two bottom middle teeth finally busted through.   And you are chewing your fingers and everything more than ever.  Maybe more will be coming soon.

- hold your own bottle.  Finally!  Although I certainly did not mind holding your bottle for you and babying you as long as possible.

- will only sit up for a few seconds at a time and then usually topple over to one side or the other.  It is pretty funny that you just seem to have no desire to sit up.

- despite not sitting up yet, you are trying to crawl!  You can make it across a room on your elbows like an army crawl.  You are so strong and determined.  It is funny to watch.

- are about to outgrow all of your bibs.  Do they make bibs for a larger neck?

- love your baths.  Your favorite thing to do in the bath is to try to drink out of the cup that I use to rinse you.  It's a rude awakening when you actually pour it in your own face.

- have started singing/humming yourself to sleep.  Not sure if it is your way of fighting sleep or what, but it is so funny.  You sometimes start humming (or maybe groaning) very loudly.

- watch tv.  It is not necessarily a good thing, but the tv is on quite a bit here, so at least it keeps you entertained.  And you skipped over all that baby stuff and moved straight to Dora and Little Einsteins.

- laugh out loud more than ever, especially when I tickle you.  You are SO very ticklish.

- don't like for mommy to leave the room or to walk by you without picking you up.  That hurts your feelings!

My favorite thing this month has just been your general roly poly-ness.  I know that is not a word, but you are so funny to watch roll around on the floor or scoot to get whatever you want.  You are learning to entertain yourself by whatever is on the floor.  I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  But I love to watch your determination.

You enjoyed our little photo shoot this time and were all smiles and giggles, so I had to post a few more.

Lean on me.
Always with the fingers in the mouth.
All smiles and laughter.
Serious blue eyes.
 Here are my other favorite pics leading up to your 7 month birthday.  

Still a snuggle bug.
Starting to sit up.
Big boy in the tub.
The day I tried to part you hair the other direction.  
One of my FAVES ever.
My beautiful boys.
Helping mommy get ready for work.
Sweet brothers.  
Not so sweet brothers.
Still chewing and working on the sitting.
I got a haircut!
March snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment