Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Elliot - 8 Months


Another month flew by.  He turned 8 months old last month.  I'm a little behind ... again.  But life has been crazy.  And I want time to stand still!  He is getting bigger (much bigger) and cuter every day.  And is such a jolly little guy!

Elliot, at 8 months you:

- weigh around 22 pounds!  You are so chubby and squishy, and I love it.  You are still very long too.  And I discovered most of your length is in your torso when I had to go up a size when I bought you pants with suspenders so the suspenders would fasten.

- are most definitely into 12-18 month sleepers and most of your clothes.    

- have perfected the art of spitting.and blowing bubbles.

- love to laugh at your big brother and sister.  And your new favorite thing is to share my lap with big brother while he and I sing our bedtime songs.

- are "crawling" everywhere.  I have never seen a baby make it so far so fast on his elbows.

- have to wear long sleeve shirts because your elbow crawling leaves your poor arms all carpet burned if they are not covered.  

- finally started sitting up.  So much more you can do and see now that you can sit.

- love juice.  Very watered down apple juice.  You slurp it down.  And you love food.  All food.  Even puffs now, although most end up in your lap and not your mouth.  But that's ok because it keeps you occupied while we eat.

- still just have the two front bottom teeth.  But those others must hurt because you ALWAYS have fingers in your mouth.

- reach for me.  And I love it!

- are the most unscheduled baby I have had.  Some days you sleep 3 hours in the morning and 45 minutes in the afternoon.  Some days you sleep 1 hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.  Some days you need 3 naps and some days you need 2.  It is all over the place with you.  I think you like to keep me guessing.

- sleep well at night though, which is the most important thing.  Usually 8:30-9:00 pm to 6:30-7:00 am, so I'll take that.

- love to grab noses and ears (other people's) and squeeze them.  It's kind of amusing but does not feel very good.  You are very handsy, little one.

My favorite thing this month has been the hugs.  You have started giving me a hug and putting your head into my neck when I pick you up.  It is wonderful.  Keep it up, son, and you will have me wrapped around your little finger forever.  

Here are a few more pics of my silly boy from our 8 month photo session and other favorites from last month.  


Happy boy!
That's the spitting face.
Peek a boo!
Loving the sunshine, even though he had to sit in the pink swing.
"You think this will keep me contained?"
Nope.
First trip to the park.
Going for a ride with big brother.
Chubby boy loves his new bath seat.
Sweet sick boy snuggles.
And he's out ... 
Checking out his new bedroom in our new house.
Trying to crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment