Monday, June 17, 2013

Curls

I have some pretty little boys ... Elliot with his perfect fair skin and blue eyes and James with his big brown eyes and gorgeous head of wavy/curly hair.  His hair gets so many compliments ... or should I say got so many compliments.  My baby went to have a haircut a couple of weeks ago.  It was not his first ... more like his 5th or 6th.  But this time, after the first snip (more like a chop), I knew there was no turning back and the curls were gone.  I was not very happy about it.

Of course he still looks adorable.  He always will.  But those baby curls that I loved to run my fingers through are gone.  And now he has big boy hair.  I am just not sure I was ready for that.  But it will grow back.  It will grow back.  It will grow back.  (I keep telling myself that.)  In the meantime, I am sure he is much cooler!

Here are some before pictures.  Granted this was a particularly curly bed-head day, but I loved it!  And I'm glad I got his crazy hair in photos before it was gone.



And after.  My handsome and much older looking son.



I think it looks like a different kid even though those pictures were just a few days apart.  Yes, we went to get ice cream after the haircut and were drowning our sorrows.  :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment