On August 4, 2013, we celebrated Elliot's baby dedication at our church. It is something that is so special to me. Before we had kids, I remember watching the couples with their babies stand in front of the church beaming with pride and committing themselves and their child to God and the church and to raise their child in a Christ-centered home. I longed for the day we would have a child and could experience the warmth of our church family like that.
And it came. On December 6, 2009, we had the girls' baby dedication at our church.
 |
| Our little family on our special day. |
And it came again. On August 28, 2011, we had James's baby dedication.
 |
| Our growing family. |
 |
| And my beautiful James in his dedication outfit. |
And again. I laughed wondering what people would think of our repeat performances so close together. Like "do these people not know where babies come from?" But these babies were absolutely a gift from God, and I decided it was very important to celebrate Elliot as well. Our year had flown by, and Elliot was 11 months old by the time we were able to do his baby dedication. But that's ok ... he was still a "baby." Standing with our whole little family in front of the church, especially with the church orchestra behind us that morning, was a bit challenging and interesting. But Elliot did great and was happy to let Bro. Bruce carry him around the church just as he had done with all of the others. I think the other three, especially the girls, enjoyed it as well. I love how personal and special Bro. Bruce makes it each time. I was one proud and happy mommy.





Our families joined us for lunch afterward, where we tried to take a family picture and some with Elliot's other favorite people on his special day since we did not get any at the church. The family picture makes me smile. Trying to accomplish that gets more challenging each time.
 |
| 11 month old Elliot looking so handsome after his baby dedication. |
I will remember those three days for as long as I live.
No comments:
Post a Comment