I so often get caught up in everything going on in this house that I fail to stop and take note of the little moments that happen every day. To do better with that, I have started a little handwritten journal for each child that I write little notes in at least once a week about the funny things they are doing and saying these days. I have enjoyed that so much, and there is plenty to write about!
But for today, I wanted to write here about James, the little chatterbox. He is talking up a storm these days, trying to keep up with sisters. He is going to have to talk a lot ... and loudly ... to be heard around this house.
James loves to say his name ... "James Falling Glamling, da tird" is what James Franklin Gramling, the third sounds like in his little boy voice. I love it. If you just call him James, he might correct you with his whole name.
He also has started enjoying calling me "Lacey." Every night after our hugs and I Love You's, as I'm walking out the door, I hear "bye bye, Lacey." Makes me laugh every time.
I love hearing him say everyone's names ... Madeline is "Naddie," don't ask me why. Annabel has become "Ann-E-bell" with the stress on the E. And Elliot is still "Ell-E-yit."
When I tell him to do something, he often says "O-tay!". Just too cute.
His favorite song to sing is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and it goes ... "Clinkle Clinkle, little star, how I yunder what you are" ... or sometimes "how I yunder what you ate for breakfast," which is how Madeline likes to sing it. She thinks that is hilarious, and he loves to mimic his sisters. I just love the "clinkle, clinkle" part.
Speaking of sisters, I am sure he will love to know this when he is older, but he might be the only 2 year old boy around who can identify and name all of the princesses. I especially love when he talks about "Cinder-lella." And I have been known to snap a photo or two when he is playing dress up with his sisters. Yes, he will love me for that when he is older.
One of my favorite things that he says (or mispronounces) is when I ask if he has yucky poo poo, and he responds saying "I have lucky poo poo!!" Not sure why I find that so funny, but it is.
We are trying to work on potty training, and he loves to wear his "yungerwear" (underwear).
And of course, the "potty talk" that little boys seem so interested in has started in this house. Oh what fun words like "poo poo" and "tee tee" are and must be worked in to every sentence or song.
But what a little sweetheart he is. Every day when he leaves school, he says "I want hug, I want kiss" and goes to hug and kiss his teachers. He does that to his grandmothers, Miss Lindsey, and everyone else he loves when they leave the house. And he gives the best hugs and kisses!
Those are a few of my favorite things about my 2 year and 4 month old little boy these days. He's quite a ham. He makes me smile and laugh outloud every day!! I could just eat him up.
 |
| He loves to wrap up after a good swim. |
 |
| He wanted to make a bed to watch a movie by Madeline. |
 |
| He has eyes that melt my heart. |
 |
| He is fearless at the park. |
 |
| He is the king of the mountain. |
 |
| He LOVES his "doggy" |
 |
| He plays the piano and sings for me. |
 |
| He feels the need for speed! |
 |
| He is precious when he sleeps. |
 |
| He loves his Elmo friends. |
 |
| He is a climber! |
 |
| He loves to build "castles" |
 |
| He has his moments. |
 |
| He is a waterbug. |
 |
| He makes me smile and thank God for him every day. |
Even though he is definitely a TWO year old with some of the challenges that phase brings, he is one of the sweetest and most affectionate kiddos I have ever seen. I hope he is always a momma's boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment