We are huge princess fans around here. These two little girls live and breathe princesses. They come in our room first thing in the morning (often while it is still dark) asking "can we dress up?!" On the ride home from school, they beg to dress up before dinner, and they race upstairs and reappear for dinner in their finest princess attire. On days home from school, they are usually princesses from head to toe for the entire day, even during nap time. And at night after putting pjs on Annabel always begs to let her be a "pajama princess" ... meaning she puts her princess dress back on over her pajamas!! It is so cute and so little girly. And I love it! Annabel says her favorite princesses are Rapunzel and Belle, which is amusing to me because she has never even seen Beauty and the Beast. Madeline says she loves Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty the best. But they often make up their own princess characters too.
So as you can imagine, princess birthday parties are a hit! We went to two this fall where a "real live princess" came to the party and sang, read books, played games, and told the girls all about her princess life. The first was a Sleeping Beauty party for their friend Victoria's 4th birthday.
 |
| All our pretty princesses after they got dressed up. |
 |
| This was right after Annabel spotted Sleeping Beauty coming in. |
 |
| They were in heaven! |
 |
| Annabel could hardly contain herself. |
 |
| Madeline was playing it coy. |
 |
| And of course they had to do their princess pose. |
A couple of weeks later, we went to a Cinderella party for Sydney's 4th birthday. We wore our own princess dresses that day, and surprisingly, Madeline let Annabel be Cinderella and wore the Snow White dress instead.
 |
| They loved getting their picture made with "a beautiful real Cinderella!" |
 |
| I love this picture of Madeline looking up at Cinderella. |
 |
| Madeline, Annabel and the birthday girl Sydney. |
 |
| I think Annabel about strangled poor Cinderella giving her a good bye hug. |
 |
| Madeline, too! |
The princess-ing doesn't end there. They went straight home, changed into their "ballerina princess" outfits and decided to get James into the action too. But no "poor James." He loves his sisters and wants to do everything they are doing, so he was a willing participant!
After the costumes came off, I caught this moment on camera as they were snuggled together on a bean bag scoping out the American Girl doll catalog.
Have I said how much I LOVE little girls? This age is so fun to watch them at parties and around their little friends. Little girl giggles are the best, and their excitement is so pure and genuine. But Madeline was the kid at the Cinderella party who said, "Hey, that's the same princess who was Sleeping Beauty at Victoria's party!!" No getting by that kid. I shushed her before any other child heard her.
Their LOVE of princesses is why I am so excited to be taking them to Disneyworld in March. I'm dying to tell them, but because I know they would ask me 17 times a day when we are going and how much longer til we go, I am forcing myself to wait until much closer to time to tell them. I've only been once (when I was 12), so I cannot wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment