I am so far behind on keeping up with this thing. I think this is the longest I have ever gone without a post. So much to catch up on. We have done so many fun things in the last couple of months, and the kids have been as cute and funny as ever!
For now, I'll go back and catch up on Halloween. I don't know why I think Halloween is so fun. It is not something we celebrated when I was younger. Churches did not do festivals or events like they do now. I think it is fun now to get all dressed up and watch the kids take it all in and ooh and aah over everyone else in costume. I'm on year 5 of picking out what I want the girls to wear for Halloween. ha!! They were sunflowers, 50's girls, butterflies, farm animals ... and now this year, they totally went for my cowboy/cowgirl idea. They were super excited! And I was excited when I found two pairs of the cutest red cowgirl boots in their size at a consignment sale! James already had cowboy boots (handed down from cousins), so I bought him an $8 consignment sale costume (that was adorable!), and we decided Elliot could be the cow and wear James's costume from last year. And of course mommy had to dress up too! Yee haw!! They all loved it, even Elliot the cow, and I thought they were the cutest kids I saw this year.
We had a 2 day celebration. First we went by to visit Nannie and Paw-Paw before going to our church Halloween festival the night before Halloween. Look at these cuties!
Family pic (attempt) time!
They enjoyed the activities and games ... although after dark, James started getting a little freaked out about all the costumes and opted to hang out in the stroller where it was safe. But Elliot was a ham and wanted to run all over that place!
On Halloween day, we dressed up all over again and did a little bit of trick or treating. But first a little photo session from Jaboo's house. I could caption all of these, but I think they tell a funny story on their own. You can see their little personalities through their faces.
Our first trick or treating stop was at EE's house!
Then on to my parents' house to see our cousins. As you can see below, James was not a fan of Jacob's costume. He said "Jacob is scawey." Poor James. And again, Elliot ran around like he owned the place. The grass was a little bumpy though, so he looked like a drunk cow trying to run around. We all had a good laugh at that.
Then home for dinner and attempted some more neighborhood trick or treating. But when we went outside, a downpour had just started, and the wind was insane! So we just played cowboys and cowgirls on the front porch for a few minutes before calling it a day.
Poor Elliot. He wanted to come outside, too!!
And one more dress up event for James ... his Friday Kindermusik class. We have so much fun with these kids and mommies. And my little cowboy just melts my heart!
So Happy Halloween, Ya'll. I'm betting that was my last year for picking costumes. I am sure I will be instructed what to buy for them to wear next year. It was fun while it lasted!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment