I'm a big boy and weigh 29 1/2 pounds now, or maybe close to 30. I gain weight every day! I easily outweigh my big brother James now. ha ha! He better watch out trying to take my toys. He's got it coming to him soon enough! I already like to wrestle, and I think I might be a football player one day because I am very good at tackling. I like to tackle anyone and everything that gets in my way. My mommy likes to talk me "Tank." My granddaddy calls me that too. Gotta admit, I am pretty solid!
But my size does not slow me down AT ALL! In fact, I am super duper fast. I can run. I like for people to chase me. And I can climb just about anything. I think it is very fun to climb on top of the fireplace hearth, turn around and do some dancing. It always gets a reaction from the crowd ... which is usually "get down right now, Elliot!" I just smile and laugh. I also like to climb on chairs. And I love to climb the stairs. No baby crawling up them on hands and knees for me. I prefer to stand up, hold on to the railing and walk up them one foot at a time just like I see my big brother and sisters do it. Oh, and I like to come down them the same way. Sit on my bottom and slide down? Yeah, whatever, mommy.
And every day I love to look around and see what new discoveries I can make or tricks I can do that day. One day earlier this month, I discovered I could open up the outside doors. Yee haw!! I love the fresh air. I went out the back door, stepped down the two steps and out the screened in porch and onto the back patio all by myself. Mommy was so proud. Except those were not her exact words. And guess what? All the doors in my house work exactly the same way. So now I can go wherever I want and get out of every room. What fun I am having exploring my whole house! I love the room with the dog food and dirty clothes baskets!
Then I discovered how I can push those little levers on the front of the big black thing with doors on it in our kitchen and make ice and water come out. That is so funny! But a little cold when it hits my head. Oh well, mommy changes my clothes, and I'm good as new.
Hmmmm, what else can I do? I can open the dishwasher, and I love to climb on it and "help." I can open every cabinet door even though they try to put these little black things on there to keep them closed. Those are for normal babies and toddlers, which I clearly am not. I can also open the big pull out things that I can put things into or pull things out of. I don't know why mommy gets mad when I put her phone or the remote in there. I see her put things in there all the time. And sometimes it is fun to reach in and see what I can pull out of there. Sometimes I find things that I can really make a mess with!
And I am strong.
I like to carry heavy things and push everything around. Kitchen chairs make fun squeaky noises when I push them all over the tile and wood floors. So do laundry baskets. Sometimes I like to dump those out too. It is great fun to throw clothes around everywhere.
I hear another word my mommy says about me. Stubborn? Strong willed? Those are good, right? Well, one day she caught me right as I was opening the retractable baby gate. Yep, figured that one out. So she locked it. Just had to get creative then with how to get up the stairs.
And I did it! Other things about me? I am an outdoor lover! Running around the yard and driveway is FUN!
I love to swing.
And I discovered all these colors things on the ground that fell off the trees that are so cool!
Sometimes if you tell me something I don't want to hear, I might give you this look.
But what I love most of all ... other than my people ... is my little doggy. I love to carry him around with me. He's so soft and snuggly.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment