We LOVE being outside. I think our favorite space of our new home might be our driveway. It has been so wonderful this summer to be able to take the kids out there to ride all of our bikes, scooters and riding toys. I have walked up and down our driveway probably hundreds of times pulling Elliot in a wagon so he can be a part of the fun. They all love it. I have some scooter riding kids! (James steals one of the girls' scooters when they are not looking.)
And of course no summer is complete without playing in the dirt ... or "sand" as my kids called it, insisting they were building sand castles.
Little Elliot loved being outside in the fresh air too ... except he kept trying to grab my phone.
One day we decided to hit the splash park with the oldest three for a splashin' good time! It took James a few minutes to get warmed up to it, but he loved it! I loved watching their happy little faces.
And this August was like no other I have ever experienced. It was actually cool and pleasant. I remember for probably two weekends in a row saying it was to cool to go swimming. Huh?! This was one beautiful cool August day at the park with my little monkeys and some friends.
I love this picture of James who was trying so hard to keep up with his sisters but looks like he was hanging on for dear life.
Then he found what he liked to do ... climb!!
And Elliot got to swing!
To finish out our month full of birthdays, we celebrated daddy's birthday on August 30. Yay for daddy!
We had one last big pool weekend of the year on Labor Day weekend. We spent one day at grandmommy and granddaddy's pool with cousins having lots of fun.
And then one day at the "EE" and Uncle Robbie's beautiful pool with the rest of our family.
Yes, we had a great summer. And we were a little sad to leave it behind ...
(Sorry, I could not resist!)
No comments:
Post a Comment