Little Elliot started walking at the end of August exactly one week after turning 1. It was on a Wednesday that he took his first couple of steps. By the weekend he was walking like he had been for weeks. And I don't think he has stopped since then. I laugh at the lack of learning curve with that kid. When he decides to do something, he does it 110%! He was immediately walking around the entire house, all over the backyard, up and down the driveway, stairs, etc. And he very quickly progressed to running!
I am pretty sure that my arms and back will never be the same from chasing him around and trying to wrestle him away from things he wants and places he is determined to go! Determined is a nice way to describe him. One could also say stubborn. And insanely strong! He is 29 pounds (my guess anyway) of pure steel. Mama is going to have to get is serious shape to be able to keep up with this little guy.
Some first steps caught on camera! (I did actually get a video of his very first steps.)
Big brother was super excited about Elliot walking. Kept saying "he walkin', he walkin'!!"
Now he loves to push his scooter thing ALL over the house and ride on it!
And he loves to bring me things ... like my phone (that I'm sure he ran off with 10 seconds earlier.)
This one I just added because I love watching a naked chubby boy walk around. :>)
... And he's off!
Maybe we have a little basketball star in our future. Pretty good grip and form for a 13 month old!! And he is in the 95th percentile for height?!
No comments:
Post a Comment