I have spent so many good times at the lake. I feel like I have grown up on the lake. I cannot remember a summer of not being there. Skiing is one of my favorite things to do. And just the time spent with family, being on the water, and the relaxation I feel when I am there. There are few stresses I have had that a trip to the lake did not help. We have been to various lakes and had several different places to stay. But I do think the place my mom and dad have now is my absolute favorite. The view, the house, the vibe, etc. Jim and I got engaged there. (Too bad I can't find the picture of that!) I really wanted to have our wedding there, but it was just too hard to get together. But then we celebrated his big 40th there.
The kids surprised got him with a surprise water balloon attack after his run. Quite a way to celebrate turning 40!
It does not get much better than that ... a day on the lake, beautiful water, sunshine behind us, and hugging my baby girls! Or maybe it does get better than that ... like this awesome picture of my parents on our annual labor day family lake trip with their then 13 grandkids!
And then there was our second summer with kiddos on the lake after baby James was born. The girls loved it, and as you can tell, quickly learned how to be little lake divas.
They loved the deck and the view. So much fun to watch the boats go by.
And then the Labor Day 2011 grandkid/cousin picture!! James missed the boating that year (he was too tiny), but here is proof he was there. And you might notice Madeline was not thrilled with the picture taking. Makes it even better.
We did not make the Labor Day 2012 trip because Elliot was 2 weeks old. And I can't seem to find any pictures from the lake at all that summer. But that was a nice trip down memory lane for the lake. It just makes me happy to look at pictures of it.
As for this summer, I vowed to make it at least 4 times ... and I did. We went once in June with just daddy, the girls and I, and we had lots of fun with my best friend and her family. Nothing like good times and laughs with great friends!
We went for for 4th of July with ALL our kids and had so much fun! James had no recollection of the lake, of course, and he had a blast! It was hard to keep him on the boat because all he wanted to do was swim and jump off the boat. And he had a huge crush that weekend on his big cousin Kaily, and her friends Maggie and Daisy who were there with us ... and were a huge help with the kids. Love having our family and 3 college girls around!!
Here is our fun on the lake ...
I guess there is such thing as having too much fun on the lake.
The pool is great fun, too. And talk about a pool with a view!
| Annabel |
| Madeline |
And then there is the hammock, which is always a perfect end to a day on the lake. And the swing!
And of course the 4th of July pictures of our little firecrackers. Food, family, fun and watermelon ... makes for a perfect weekend. Elliot's first 4th of July!
The inside the lake house is pretty awesome, too. Elliot and I spent one early morning enjoying the view ... and me enjoying his blue eyed smiley face. He was happy to be there! I think he was trying to climb out the window to get outside.
And mommy loved all the helpers!
It was a fun 4 day holiday weekend ... and our first weekend at the lake as a family if SIX!
I was trying to sneak in a lake trip in August. It turned out to be a lake trip with my girlfriends to celebrate two 40th birthdays. That is always a good time ... especially when a Murder Mystery party is involved. Ours involved a pageant ... can you tell? Ha!
And James just loves the lake. Just like his mommy. I think I might have a few little lake rats on my hands too! Cannot wait until next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment