With four wee ones in the house, sometimes it is the simple things that are the most fun. Last weekend, daddy had a gig that was all evening. So the troops and I were on our own for dinner and bedtime ... not an easy feat. We dined on fish sticks, green beans, mac & cheese and apples (all of their faves) while pretending to be at a restaurant. They ate on the plates they think look like restaurant trays. And I talked in some fake "restaurant server" (as they called me) accent throughout the whole meal, which kept them entertained, and they all tried to mimic me and talk to the same way. Hey, whatever works and keeps them in their chairs! Then we decided to head up to the playroom for a snack and movie while I got them to bed one at a time. My kids call it a popcorn party, and they love it! Of course anything with the word "party" in it gets them excited. And I love seeing all four of my little miracles hanging out together, laughing and getting along (for the most part). The hands shoveling popcorn in their mouths cracks me up.



Elliot loves being right in the middle of everything! Then these two decided to get goofy for the camera!
James wanted me to take a picture of his silly face. Good try, buddy!
It was a truly simple evening, but it took some of the stress of managing all four of them off of me by keeping it simple, lowering my expectations and just being goofy. I need to remember that more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment