Friday, May 2, 2014

Our Miss Lindsey

Our Miss Lindsey... where do I even start? The better question is what would we do without her??! She has been a huge part of my kids' lives and of our family's life for the past few years. She came into our lives when the girls started Mother's Day Out when they were just 8 months old. We then followed her to her new daycare venture when the girls soon after the girls turned 1, and James joined them there when he was a tiny 10 week old. I knew my kiddos were in good hands with her!! After Elliot was born, we were able to steal her to be our own Miss Lindsey, and she has been in our house 3 days a week (and sometimes more) ever since.

It just struck me recently as I took a picture of her and the kids on her birthday that I certainly needed to include those in here so the kids could look back and see those pictures ... not that there is any danger of them not remembering Miss Lindsey. She is like a second mom to them, and sometimes they cry for her over me. HA!  They ask her to stay "foreber and eber," give her dozens of hugs when she leaves, and cry for her when they are grumpy or in trouble.  But I'm totally ok with that. It takes a village to raise so many little ones, and she is certainly a big part of that village!!

She does SO many fun things for my kiddos and with my kiddos. They love doing art projects with her, playing games, dressing up, and creating all kinds of things. I am so very grateful for someone who is so creative, smart, talented and just great with them. The value of having someone who loves my kids like I do and can meet their every need without me even having to ask or worry about it is immeasurable. Not to mention being able to leave kids at home with her if we are traveling but cannot take all of them. She becomes full time mom to them, and I am at peace the whole time I am away because of the trust and faith I have in her. Having her in our home to take care of and teach our kids has been a God send.

I laugh every day when the kids wake up asking "Is it a Miss Lindsey day?!" Yes, they love their Miss Lindsey. And they have already made a summer list of things they all want to do on their Miss Lindsey days!    
Seriously though, how lucky are my kids that Miss Lindsey wanted to celebrate her birthday with them by having a pirate/princess day and making them all pirate costumes to wear? I love this!


A few other pics of my kiddos with their favorite Miss Lindsey in the world!






The downside is that the girls will be in shock next year when they have to go to Kindergarten every day and no longer get Miss Lindsey days. The boys, on the other hand, will be pleased as punch to have her to themselves more often.  We will just have to get creative to give the girls as much Miss Lindsey time as possible.  Hopefully she sticks around (and puts up with) us for a long long time!  We love you, Miss Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment