I am finally writing about Labor Day in November. It has been that kind of crazy fall. I am going back and trying to play catch up now, and Labor Day must be included. It is the last hurrah at the lake every summer full of family, food and fun in the sun! It is one of my favorite weekends all year long. This year we missed Jud, Heather, Lynley, Ben and are 7 Colorado cousins. It wasn't the same without everyone there. And it rained. But we still had a great weekend, and my kiddos loved being around their cousins and family.
We did manage to have some fun lake time!
| Three out of four kids ... and Aunt Diana! |
| Mini me. |
| "Granddaddy keeps messing with my hair!" |
| Tube time for the girls. |
| They survived. |
| Elliot's first time. |
| Lake beauties. |
| In charge. |
| Elliot loved jumping to Barrett. |
| A Brooksie and Aunt Lacey selfie. |
| Worn out little boy. |
And we had a little pool time.
Not sure what that pose was. I think the boys loved the golf cart ride to and from the pool as much as anything.
Oh, that Elliot face! We also celebrated daddy's birthday ... the big 46!
The next night after everyone arrived, we celebrated all the August birthdays who were there.
Elliot was excited about cake! But the best part of the weekend was hanging out with cousins and family. Brooksie was in high demand. I LOVED hearing Elliot say "I wuv Bwooksie" over and over. He was all over her! Everyone got lots of Brooksie loving.
I love this picture of Brandon and Elliot, the oldest and youngest of the 16 grands.
The other three loving on Barrett.
And Madeline and Annabel snuggled up with Kaily and Will.
I guess Ryan escaped getting his picture taken! We love Ryan, too! We can't forget all the good snuggles and love we got from our aunts!!
These might be my favorite pictures of all. It is just a glimpse of what playtime at the lakehouse looked like. Apparently there was tumbling and gymnastics, and Elliot clinging to Brooksie.
And headstands with spotters while Elliot decided to have a conversation.
And playing "school" with a frustrated teacher because her students aren't paying attention.
A great time was had by all! But it is always a little sad to say goodbye to the lake until next spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment