Friday, October 21, 2011
5 Months
My little 5 month old. Almost 1/2 year old. I wish I could freeze time because you are SO funny right now. And so so so pretty. I know I'm probably not supposed to call you "pretty," but you are. Plain and simple. James, at 5 months old, you:
- weigh straight up 15 pounds. Woo hoo. You are a perfect size.
- eat food! We started rice cereal a few weeks ago, and you did not seem to care for it too much at first. Then we added peas, and I think you really like them! That's exactly how Madeline was when she was your age. And you still love your bottle, but since you are eating "meals" now, we have cut back a little on those. Going to add some new veggies this weekend. Yummy.
- are apparently a long little dude. I tried on four pairs of 3-6 footed sleepers the other night, and all were too short. Had to move up to some 6-9 month sleepers to give you plenty of room to kick and stretch.
- are a roly poly. It is funny to watch you now because we we put you on your back, you almost immediately turn over to your belly, which is odd because you get mad once you get there. But it is a funny game.
- have regressed in your sleeping habits a bit. I think that has partly been because of congestion and maybe teething, but it is also because you flip over to your belly ALL night long and get mad. Then mommy has to come flip you back over (sometimes every hour or more!) so you will go back to sleep. But the last few nights, you have just been sleeping on your belly once you get there. So whatever floats your little boat ... as long as mommy gets some sleep!
- are so ticklish. Especially your feet. I love to hear that little laugh/chuckle when I get your belly or feet.
- speaking of feet, you have figured out how to get your toes in your mouth. Congrats! Hope they taste good. :>)
- have become a pretty good little tagalong. I have taken you to meetings, girls' night out (with my friends), shopping, etc. And you mind your manners quite well. At meetings, you like to sit in my lap and watch everyone talk. So cute.
- still have no teeth. I would have bet money you would have some by now since it seems you've been teething for months. It is still early though, but I bet it will be any day now because you seem to be more uncomfortable with that lately.
- are a water bug and LOVE your bath. We moved up from the infant tub in the kitchen to the duck tub. You love the duck tub just like your sisters did. You start kicking like crazy as soon as your feet hit the water. That's why we had to move you to the duck tub because you soaked me and the entire kitchen in the infant tub.
- can JUMP! I decided it was time to bring out the famed bumper jumpers that entertained and occupied your sisters for hours. I put you in it, and you immediately jumped ... and smiled and giggled.
- squeal like crazy. It is so funny to hear. And you talk so much now ... ma ma ma ma, ba ba ba ba, da da da da, and you do it with such funny and animated facial expressions.
- apparently like Dora the explorer. That is currently your sisters' favorite show, and you watch it and smile. Maybe you have a little crush on her? ha. And you like the Baby Enstein dvd too, which is great so mommy can shower!
- love a good game of peek-a-boo. And I love playing it with you and watching you get so excited when I re-appear from behind my hands.
I told someone recently that I don't think the twins realize how lucky they are that you are such a good baby brother. Other than when you need to be fed or changed, you really don't take attention away from them. You are usually perfectly content to sit in the room where they are (in my lap, exersaucer, etc.) and watch them. They must be quite entertaining because you laugh and smile at them. I think my favorite thing this month has been your love for your baths. I laugh until it hurts every time I give you a bath because your little legs kick so hard in the water and you are so intent on splashing water everywhere. Oh, and the talking! I love love love our little late night conversations after the girls have gone to bed. You are a mighty good baby, my little James. I'm a lucky mommy!
Here you are the first time I put you in the door jumper. I'm sure there will be many hours of fun had in that thing. Best investment ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment