No photos today. Just my thoughts... on how lucky I am. It is easy to get exhausted (and some might even say cranky) these days. And it is easy to let time fly by without stopping to think about how good, or GREAT really, we have it. These are the days that I wished, hoped and prayed for... the days that I don't sit down until 10 p.m. sometimes because my hubby and I are juggling 3 little kiddos, work, home stuff, etc. So last night I really started thinking about how lucky I am.
I had the opportunity to go see some of my best friends when the one that moved away was back in town for a couple of days. I love my friends. As we sat around a big outdoor fireplace last night laughing and swapping stories, I looked around and thought how lucky I am to have them. They have been with me through some serious ups and downs.
Then I came home to a wonderful husband who "held down the fort" and allowed me to go spend a couple of hours with my friends. I'm a lucky girl. As I picked up baby James who fell asleep in my bed, I squeezed him tight and thought about what a miracle he is ... a baby we never thought we would have but could not imagine being without. He is an absolute joy. Then I peeked in at the twins and laughed and how they both fell asleep with their bottoms in the air and snuggling with their blankies. I love my girls. They are so beautiful, smart, funny and give us so much love and laughter.
And of course I realize how lucky I am to have our two families. My mom and mom-in-law both helped out big time this week (and every week) with the nightly routine while I had to be gone, with helping get them all up and ready in the morning when daddy had to leave early, and with just everything required to take care of and provide for three little ones. It seriously does take a village. Their help and support never goes unnoticed, even if I'm sometimes too busy or scatterbrained to acknowledge it. We are so blessed.
So those are my thoughts put into words this early Friday morning. Bring on the weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment