Monday, October 24, 2011

Naptime

I had to write about our naptime yesterday.  It was laughable.  And frustrating!!  But I know these are the days I will look back on fondly, so I wanted to have a little reminder of what it was like trying to get THREE little ones to nap.  It went a little like this:

12:30 - put girls down for nap while James was crying for bottle
12:35 - quickly make James a bottle and feed him
12:40 - hear ALL kinds of noises and jabbering in the girls' room
12:45 - James finishes bottle so I go in to see what is going on and pick up all their items they HAVE to have in their beds for nap but had for some reason thrown them ALL on the floor
12:50 - pick James back up to snuggle.  He falls asleep on me.
1:00 - put James in bed.  Still hear all kinds of stuff from girls' room.
1:15 - after going in repeatedly to ask them to quiet down (45 minutes after starting this process), Madeline instructs me to "mommy, sit in chair," which means she wants me to sit in the room to watch her fall asleep.
1:20 - after it becomes clear that Annabel will NOT fall asleep while I am in room because she keeps standing up wanting me to cover her up with her blanket every 30 seconds, I leave the room.  Madeline screams.
1:25 - realized I forgot to eat lunch so quickly throw together and eat a sandwich.
1:30 - it appears Annabel has finally fallen asleep.  Madeline still screaming ... and talking .. and singing, etc. I continue to go in every so often to plead with her to be quiet so she won't wake up her sister.
2:00 - Madeline FINALLY falls asleep. Ahhh, all are asleep.  Mommy lies down to nap, too.
2:09 - Annabel wakes up .. loudly.  Mommy runs through the house to grab her so she does not wake her sister who has been asleep for 9 minutes ... and who very much needs a long nap.
2:10 - the process of removing Annabel from the room woke James up.  No nap for mommy.
2:45 - Madeline wakes up after a 45 minute nap.

And that's a pretty typical weekend "naptime" at our house with me juggling all three.  I should really know by now never to get my hopes up to nap while they sleep. ha!  I understand one would normally let a kid "cry it out" at naptime.  Doesn't work with twins.  At least not if they share a room.  But yes, even with that chaos, these are the times I will miss.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment