Wednesday, March 14, 2012
10 Months
He cannot be 10 months old already. And I keep thinking he cannot get any cuter or sweeter ... but he does every day!
James, at 10 months old, you ...
- are everywhere and into everything. You are like a little bulldozer and love to crawl around and explore. Busy, busy, busy.
- stood up without holding on for a few seconds the other day. You were so proud of yourself, grinning from ear to ear, before you grabbed back on to the bed.
- are cutting all 4 top teeth at once! Your top left front tooth and the one beside that are through, so you look lopsided. But I see your other top front tooth coming through any minute.
- have tubes in your ears. You did great. And have been a happy baby since. HOPEFULLY no more ear infections.
- now take a bath with your sisters. You really enjoy it, and it is much easier for me rather than struggling to hold you still in your little duck tub. I think your sisters and their bath toys provide better entertainment.
- need a haircut. I thought surely we could wait until you turned 1, but your hair has taken a growth spurt and is all in your eyes. I'm trying to decide whether to cut it myself or take you for a "real" haircut. I do love the way it kind of flips out over your ears though.
- have found a favorite blankie. You love your lovies, especially the satin side, but now you love to snuggle with your blue minky blanket with a whole side of satin. You are quite a touchy feely little guy.
- are starting to eat some real food. Your face at first bite always makes me laugh outloud. You are not too sure about any of it and prefer baby food (or puffs!). You might be my picky eater. But we need to pick up the pace and introduce lots more new foods soon.
- clap your hands and love to "give me five." You smack my hand repeatedly, smiling the whole time. Don't know why but I think it is SO cute.
- can play the harmonica. Seriously. You picked up your sister's harmonica, started to blow, sound/music came out, and a musician was born. You love it. It is your favorite toy right now! I crack up every time I hear the harmonica music coming from another room. You carry it around with you as you crawl around and stop and play along the way.
- laugh outloud at your sisters, especially when Madeline makes funny faces or noises or Annabel jumps up and down.
- have discovered gravity and love to watch everything drop to the floor... pacis, bottles, sippy cups, food bites, etc. Constantly. Keeps mommy busy!
- wave bye bye... all the time ... to everyone and everything. Today after nap, I picked you up and you turned around and waved bye bye to your crib and stuffed animals. You wave bye bye to Sadie when we go from one room to the next. You wave bye bye to me when I drop you off at daycare in the morning and bye bye to daddy every night when I go to put you to bed. Your sisters love when you wave to them.
Without a doubt, my favorite thing this month has been the HUGS! I mean real wrap your arms around me, lay your head on my shoulder and squeeze hugs. I've never experienced anything like it with any other child this age. The first time you hugged me like that, you made me feel like I was the MOST special person on the planet. And then I noticed you hugged everyone you love like that ... grandmothers, aunts, daycare teachers, etc. I think they all love picking you up during the day at daycare because you give the best hugs in the building. Everyone that gets one just melts and says "awwwww, how sweet." Then you look up in my eyes, smile so big, and lay your head right back down and hug some more. And you love to hold my hand, especially while falling asleep. You are such a sweet little thing and so affectionate. I hope you stay that way forever!
And as usual, my other favorite photos from our monthly photo session.
You were having fun all laid back chilling with your pup and laughing!
Waving bye bye! Look at those teeth.
And those eyes! Mommy had fun playing with photo editing options, and I love how this one looks. Seriously ... those eyes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment