Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Daddy's girls

These two girls love their daddy... Madeline, especially.  Annabel too, but Annabel is sometimes more of a mommy's girl, unless she is in trouble and mommy is disciplining her.  Then she yells for "my daddy, my daddy!"  But Madeline is a daddy's girl through and through, and I don't mind at all.  She gives me plenty of loving too, but I love how she clings to her daddy and has such a close bond with him.  

It is funny because for the first few months of their lives, that's how we paired up ... daddy & Madeline and mommy & Annabel.  Annabel was the more difficult baby to soothe because her reflux was worse, and of course no one can soothe like mommy!  So I would be with her while Madeline and daddy would just chill on the couch.  When I realized what was happening, I told daddy that we really needed to start switching up or we were going to be strangers to the other baby.  That was an exaggeration of course, but I made every attempt to even up our time with each girl.  But I think there was a very strong bond established between Madeline and her daddy during those months of all of their one on one time.  It doesn't really mean anything ... we both have a great relationship and bond with both girls, but it is just interesting for me to see the result of those early months.

Anyway, these daddy's girls love to play with their daddy.  They get so excited when he gets down on the floor to play games or pretend with them.  As I saw this walking around our family room after dinner one evening last week, I had to grab my camera and snap a few pictures.  Look at the grins on those faces!




I'm really laughing now thinking of what this picture will look like in a couple of years when James and baby brother are old enough to climb on and join this fun.  Daddy's poor back!  

I love seeing moments like those of pure joy on my girls' face.  Good job, daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment