Friday, April 6, 2012

The Wagon Walker

I have a new favorite toy.  Well, I guess I should say James has a new favorite toy.  The Radio Flyer Wagon Walker!  I think it is destined to become a classic.  You know ... one of those toys that you keep and let your grandkids play with one day.  (I love that my mom kept a few things from when we were little.)

The wagon walker is so cool.  One of our playgroup friends has it, and after we saw it at his house, everyone had to get one.  It was his first Christmas gift (via a giftcard that took me a little while to order and assemble) from his aunt, uncle and cousins.  I love it.  The vintage look reminds me of when I was a kid.  And it the best "walker" we have ever owned.  Super sturdy.  James thinks it is very cool!  When I showed it to him last week, he pulled up on the bar and immediately started taking some wobbly steps behind it.  His first wobbly steps!  He was so happy and proud of himself.  He walked back and forth and all around the house, stopping only when he ran into to something.  Then he would get frustrated and yell or cry, which was kind of funny coming from my super laid back baby.  He just liked walking and did not want to be stopped.





It also makes a great riding toy ... and photo prop.


He has figured out how to throw toys in it and push them around.  And tonight, he climbed in it himself!  The biggest problem with the wagon walker?  Trying to explain to his sisters that this is James' toy, and they need to quit stealing it from him.  Everyone loves the wagon walker!

No comments:

Post a Comment