Thursday, December 13, 2012

Elliot - 3 Months


Elliot is THREE months old.  1/4 of a year old.  What?  He's such a big boy and growing way too fast.

Elliot, at 3 months, you:

- weigh about 14 lb 5 oz.  Packing on the pounds at record speed!

- are starting to wear 6 month clothes and some 6-9 month clothes and are acting like you are trying to outgrow size 2 diapers.  But I just can't have a 3 month old in size 3 diapers.

- have a hairstyle that still amuses me daily.  It has a mind of its own and does something new every day.

- still eat every about 4 oz every 3 hours.

- love to laugh and smile.  And after those first few months of always seeming unhappy and uncomfortable, that smile is a welcome sight!  You love funny sounds.  I can always get a smile or laugh from you when I make silly sounds.  

- talk SO much.  I guess it is because you hear so much talking, but I definitely think you are going to give your older siblings a run for their money with the talking thing.

- hold my hand every chance you get.  And I love it!  You grab on tight while you are drinking your bottle or falling asleep, and I have to pry my fingers out of your hands.  

- sleep great in your carseat or swing ... not so much anywhere else.  So if you fall asleep in your carseat, I will leave you in it, and sometimes you will sleep for 2+ hours in there.  I think being all buckled in makes you feel warm and secure.  That also means you are a great traveler.  

- speaking of travels, you have already seen doctors in Memphis and Little Rock.  And had more formula changes, testing, etc.  But you now have a diagnosis (lymphonodular hyperplasia ... I think!), and it is something you should completely outgrow in a few months.  Praise the Lord.  We just need to get you the right formula and try to keep you comfortable in the meantime, but you are already starting to do so much better.

- are still in a bassinet in our room.  So much for "this baby is going to sleep in his bed soon after we get home from hospital."  My plan was to move you at a few weeks old.  Ha.  You had other ideas.  You are still quite fidgety and need that darn paci, so since you are so restless and up often, it is easier to keep you close to me.  And I'm not complaining about that part.      

- are a burping pro.  I sit you up after a bottle, and you just let out a big burp ... or three.  No patting or "burping" required.

- seem to be a little scared of playmats or toys we put you under.  It is just interesting to me because all the other kids have really enjoyed the loud noises and flashing lights on those things.  

- love to blow bubbles.  It makes for slobber covered shirts ... yours and mine.

- are going to be a lovey/stuffed animal kid like your older brother.  You have discovered your satiny lovey and seem to really like it.  You love to hold it in your little hand while you sleep.  It is so sweet.

- got left alone with daddy for 4 days while mommy went on a trip!  Sorry to desert you, kiddo, but the break was good for mommy and sisters to have some quality time.  And you survived.  Not that I had any doubts.  :>)  

As for my favorite thing this month, I think it is the smiling and laughing at your sisters and brother.  It makes them SO happy when you smile at them.  Madeline says "hey, I think Elliot likes me!!!"  Yes, you do.  Annabel loves to play with your hands, and James LOVES to hold you and hug you.  So seeing you react to them and seeing your little face light up when they are entertaining you just makes my heart melt.  What a fun house this will be with the four of you all playing together.

Just a couple of my other favorite pictures from our little 3 month picture taking session, which actually happened about a week late since I was out of town on the actual "birthday."    

Whoa?  I'm 3 months old already?
Beautiful smiling boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment