Not that I don't realize how lucky I am all the time, but sometimes little reminders help me out when I'm feeling particularly stressed or exhausted.
Like this ...
And this ...
And this ...
I get frustrated with how cluttered, messy and downright chaotic my house is. (Housekeeping is, after all, WAY down the list after taking care of 4 kids, working, etc.) But, after I struggle to walk through the cluttered garage and trip over whatever has been left by the back door, I look up and see that coat rack. And it makes me smile and remember how thankful I am to have a coat rack FULL of little coats.
Then I turn the corner and see the diaper bags piled on top of each other on the counter. And as much as it drives me crazy to not even be able to see my countertops, it is again a sweet sight to see and a friendly reminder that God gave us everything we asked for ... and more!
I think my favorite sight though is to look out my window and see the mini amusement part of a back yard that we are able to have for our children with the swingset, slides, roller coaster, little chairs, balls, chalk spread out on the patio, etc. I would have never believed I would have 3 little swings filled with 3 little kiddos who love to swing. (Elliot, not sure where we will add a 4th one?!)
Yes, we are very blessed. And I am thankful for those daily reminders that bring me back into focus when everything else seems so crazy. And thankful for a warm comfortable, even if chaotic, home we have full of the love and laughter that these little ones have brought us.
No comments:
Post a Comment