Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Beach Trip

This post should be titled "The Nix Family Goes to the Beach."  Because that is what we did.  The WHOLE Nix family minus little James, baby Elliot and daddy.  I hated to split up that week, but I was very excited to be able to take the girls to the beach with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  We had a great time.  I packed everything from swimsuits to coats, and fortunately we needed the swimsuits more than the coats.  It was fabulous weather every single day.  We even got in the water ... in November!  The girls and I shared a room, which they loved.  Annabel slept in the big bed with me, and Madeline had her own "special bed" (air mattress) on the floor and thought that was really cool.  

I took about 400 photos but here are the best "few."


Table for 24, please.
Breakfast at the big table.
Silly cousins eating ice cream.


Granddaddy helping with the digging.
They had so much fun digging the hole and filling it with water.
Splashing in the water!
Ta da!!! (I have many pictures of her with this pose.)
Sand angels.
Typical Madeline ... trying to be the boss!

Beautiful sunset with my beautiful (silly) girls.

It's an American Girl doll party1
Girls and dolls bunking party.
Breakfast and pjs on the deck.
Just a swinging.
These girls love their big girl cousins.
I'm THREE!
Beach gymnastics.
Building sand castles with Uncle Tim.
Annabel loved for Brandon to chase her.

The big boys were so good playing with the girls. 
I love this.  They look like little surfer girls.
Bottoms up!
My silly girls!
Testing the waters.  Thinking of going in. 
In the water with Uncle Tim, Uncle Robin and Brooksie!
Trying to outrun the waves.
Taking in all of God's beauty.
The star of the beach.
Let's all hold hands and jump in.
1, 2, 3 ... jump!
My little beach bum.
Another shot of Madeline's favorite pose.
This does not look like it will end well.
Heading over the dunes after our last afternoon on the beach.
Sad to say good bye to the ocean.

Annabel loves her cousin Jack.
The cousins pajama pic!  Everyone got pjs from grandmommy.
Our last night enjoying the view.
Thanks, grandmommy and granddaddy, for a great beach trip!
And then we had a real adventure ... The girls' first plane ride!  And it was at 6 a.m., which meant we had to get up at 4:00!  That made for a long and interesting morning trying to get girls settled in a plane for the first time, navigate airports by myself, and keep them with me ... on Thanksgiving morning!  It was definitely an adventure.  Not much time to take camera out to take pictures, but we survived and made it home in time for turkey and pie!



And yes, they are wearing pajama tops on the plane.  One less battle to fight at 4:00 a.m.

Can't wait to go back to the beach!  And next time hopefully our boys can go with us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment