Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White (day after) Christmas


After a wonderful Christmas, we went to bed that night watching huge snowflakes fall to the ground.  It was so beautiful and peaceful to sit on the couch in the glow of the Christmas tree lights feeding Elliot his last bottle of the day and watching the snow fall.  I was hoping it would continue so we would have lots of snow to play in the next day.  And it did!  It was a beautiful sight to wake up to, and the kids were so excited.  So we bundled them up and ventured out to let them check out the white stuff covering our backyard.

Of course Elliot had to bundle up and go check out his first snow.



He and James were not too sure about it at first. 


Then it was apparently snowball fight time ... everyone against mommy!






James got a little more into it and thought playing with his toys in the snow was pretty fun.  He and Madeline turned out to be my little snow bunnies.  It was too cold for Elliot, and Annabel had enough when her hands got too cold.  But these two were in it until I MADE them go inside.  Yay for kids who love the snow as much as I do!





Of course I can't leave out Sadie, the original snow dog.  Even though she had a very short haircut, she still loved being out in it.  I could hardly get her to come inside.


And as it turns out, grandmommy and granddaddy have a great little sledding hill, so the girls and I went over to sled with their cousins.  They LOVED sledding and were little daredevils.








Time for a little snow eating break.



Have I mentioned how much these girls love their cousins?





What a wonderful way to spend our Christmas holiday.  And what a beautiful reminder of the reason for the season.



No comments:

Post a Comment