Sunday, February 24, 2013

Another "old friend"

I am having another sentimental moment today.  Just as I wrote earlier this week about Elliot graduating to our favorite duck tub, he is also outgrowing another favorite ... the lil' lamb baby swing.  Yep, I just took this picture of what will likely be his last time in the dear ol' swing.


I cannot even begin to count the hours that our children have spent in that swing.  And I don't blame them ... it is the most comfy, cozy looking swing I have ever seen.  I wish I had one in my size.  One of my friends joked that we need to have a retirement party for all our baby things.  Seriously!  They have earned it around here.  The swing has pretty much been a permanent fixture in our house for the last 3 1/2 years.

But just as babies do, Elliot has grown almost too big for it.  And he is trying to pull the mobile down and pull himself out of the swing.  So it is time to say good bye.  Farewell, dear friend.  Thanks for serving us well.  I will always be grateful for the showers you allowed me to have, the phone calls you allowed me to make, and the potty breaks I was able to take without holding a baby. I promise to try to find you a new good home with precious babies to comfort and rock to sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment