
The morning after James's birth, it was time for him to meet his big sisters ... and for his big sisters to meet him! We had been talking about "baby" and "James" (which Madeline could already say well) for a while, so I was very excited to see what their reaction would be to seeing him for the first time. Grandmommy and Granddaddy got them all dressed up in their Big Sister shirts (hard to see because the photo is so fuzzy, dang it!) and brought them up to the hospital. And daddy had the video camera rolling to catch their first reaction!
Madeline saw me first and start saying "mommy mommy!" I hadn't seen them in 24 hours, so those words were music to my ears. But then when she couldn't crawl up in my bed with me, she got a bit upset. So we piled her carefully in the bed with me and James, and she was much happier. Then Annabel got a turn to sit up in the bed with me and James. They both were very curious and interested in the new little person in the room and both wanted to touch him. I wish I could have read their little minds to know what they were thinking. But I think their first meeting went very well, and I think they kinda like their new baby brother!

They both enjoyed tickling his little toes!

And when I let them "hold" him, they just grinned from ear to ear. Madeline wanted to hold his little hands and touch his "bracelets," and Annabel liked to rub his hair.

We are a family of FIVE! Oh, the fun and adventures we are going to have. If this picture gives any indication, it is going to be quite a ride!

Speaking of ride ... his sisters decided they wanted to take him for a ride. Such funny silly girls! I think the three of them are going to keep each other entertained.
No comments:
Post a Comment