Monday, August 15, 2011
3 months
My little guy is now 1/4 of a year old. Happy 3 Month Birthday (last week) to you, my precious baby James. At 3 months old, you:
- weigh about ___ pounds. (Not sure ... am guessing about 12 pounds ... will hold you on the scale with me when you wake up.)
- still eat about every 3 hours during the day, sometimes more, and we are about to have to get out the big bottles because those 4 oz. bottles just aren't doing it for you anymore. You are a growing boy!
- are a GOOD sleeper! What progress we have made since the 2 month old post. The last three nights I fed you about 10, and you slept from 11 until 8! I cannot be happier with that. And you woke up cooing and smiling. I'm still not sure how you turned yourself around and made it all the way from one end of the bed to the other though. Before the last three days, your usual wake up was about 5:30-6:00ish, but that's still fine with me.
- are just about to outgrow your size 1 diapers and your 0-3 month clothes. We are using size 2 at night, which might be helping you sleep. I wouldn't want a tight wet diaper against my skin either.
- smile ALL the time and love to laugh. Nothing melts my heart more than when Annabel or Madeline sit by you and talk or sing to you and you just light up the room with that big smile of yours looking at your big sisters. They love it when you smile at them and beam right back at you. And even funnier ... you get the hiccups EVERY time you laugh, just like your sister Annabel does.
- still talk so much. You like to have entire conversations with me, and I love it. I really think you are going to be quite a talker and so animated. You have the funniest facial expressions when you talk.
- will sit up on my lap with very little support, and you love to look around at everyone. We are using the bumbo seat more these days, too.
- have had a NO sickness month (other than the continued tummy/diaper issues that just seem to be the norm for you). Yay!! I love our pediatrician, but I'm happy with a break from the doc office and co-pays for a little while.
- that said, you have started spitting up a bit more. Guess maybe we need to head back to the doc soon after all. Might be time to up your dose of meds.
- are teething? I can't believe it, but you are shoving everything in your mouth and drooling like a st. bernard, so it must be true. Your cousin had teeth by 3 months, so I guess it can happen. No teeth popping through yet, but I bet it will be soon.
- love to take naps with me. And I love it too! If I put you in my bed and snuggle beside you, you fall asleep instantly (I would to if someone was rubbing my hair and face) and will sleep for hours! You nap really well in your own crib too, so I think it is fine to spoil you with a nap in the big bed once in a while.
- rolled over today (a week after turning 3 months old) from back to belly. I put you on your back on the playmat and walked away for a minute to get a drink of water. Came back and you were on your belly. I missed it! Guess that might cut down on the napping on mommy's bed thing though if you are going to be rolling around.
- have started to grab things. I love how you grab my fingers and hold on to my hand when you are drinking a bottle or if you are falling asleep beside me. I hope you will always hold my hand!
My favorite thing from this month has been to watch you start noticing and observing your sisters. They LOVE you, and I think the feeling is mutual ... as long as they aren't throwing sippy cups or puzzle pieces at you. I cannot wait to watch you start interacting with them more.
And did I mention how cute you are??? I mean just at those puppy dog eyes!!
I love my little munchkin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment