Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Birthday Party Luau

The theme for this year's birthday party - A Luau!  I love planning birthday parties.  I had a blast planning and throwing their 1st birthday circus party last year.  This year, I thought a Luau might be fun ... especially since my parents graciously offered to let me use their house and pool.

So out went the invitations!


It was a "family only" event this year, which in our family does not mean a small party.  I love a big family and love having our closest 40+ relatives there to celebrate the girls turning TWO!  We did some pre-party swimming, and then came in to get dried off and dressed up for the festivities.  We had dinner for everyone with bbq, some "luau" food and fruit and pineapples galore, a fabulous cake and cake pops, luau music, hula skirts, leis, and the limbo game for the kids. I really intended for the adults to play too ... thought that would be funny!  But we ran out of time.

The girls had a blast.  They love all their cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.  Of course they loved the swimming and the cake, but I think the limbo might have been their favorite thing.  That and presents of course.  My favorite was when Annabel opened up her new brown furry boots and insisted on wearing them with her grass skirt for the rest of the evening.  And Madeline decided to ditch the grass skirt about half way through the evening.  Oh well. 

I took about 100 pics and finally got them downloaded on my computer (hence the reason for the delay in writing this post.)  Here are some of my favorites.


















 

Love this picture of my parents ... "the hosts with the most!" (The most grandkids, that is.  ha!)


And I'm so lucky that my grandparents were able to come party with us!


And sweet baby brother.  He didn't make it in too many of the party photos because I was too busy chasing the twins around while other people held him.  So here is James saying "Aloha" and "Happy Birthday" to his big sisters.


His party is next.  And I'm glad I have about 8 months to recuperate before planning that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment