12 MONTHS! We made it to the end of his first year of monthly pics. How time has flown! I am so glad I did this and will definitely do it again with baby brother. It has been so fun to watch him grow through pictures and read back over what he was doing each month.
So James, at 12 months, you ...
- weighed in at 22 lb 7 oz and were 30 inches long. You were 42nd percentile in weight and 77th percentile in height. That one still confuses me because you do not appear to be tall and thin. I love love love your squishy belly!
- have started taking steps! As of your 1st birthday, you were not really walking yet, but you would take 3-4 steps at a time by yourself. You do lots more when cruising the furniture or holding someone's hand. Just a wee bit hesitant on the walking thing.
- had a haircut and look so darn cute.
- love macaroni and cheese and will eat an adult size serving (or more) if I let you. I think your favorite foods are bananas and cheese ... a bad combination for you. And you love all fruit ... blueberries, strawberries, and pineapples are some of your other favorites. Very little baby food for you anymore. You want to feed yourself! Or smash it up and smear it around your tray and fling it on the floor.
- and talk about the floor ... you love dropping stuff. I lose count of how many times I pick up your cup at every meal. And now when you wake up, you throw everything out of your bed onto the floor in the time it takes me to come get you.
- still just the same 6 teeth you have had for a while.
- are very ticklish and giggle like crazy when I tickle your tummy.
- had yet another double ear infection and 2 rounds of antibiotics. Ugh!!
- still sleep great. Usually 11 hours at night (8:00 to 7:00ish), and if you are at home, 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the morning and usually 1-2 more in the afternoon. I sure hope you keep that 2 nap a day schedule for a while.
- love step stools. If you spot an open door to your sisters' bathroom, you head straight for it and climb up and down, and up and down, etc. Quite a good climber for a non-walker. You have even made it to the top step of the step ladder in your closet ... and then tried to climb from there onto your closet shelves. Can you say monkey?!
- think it is great fun to follow your sisters around. I love to watch you laugh at them. They don't always laugh back ... usually more like "James is touching me" or "James won't leave me alone" ... but you keep laughing and keep doing it. Should make for an interesting few years ahead.
- are a sweaty little boy. You love being outside, but you sweat like crazy. Even after the haircut. You might be the kid who gets a buzz cut in the summer months in future years, although it will hurt me to cut all that hair off.
- are a flirt and love everyone. You really know how to make people feel loved. If one of your grandparents comes in, your lunge for them. It's really so very sweet, and I'm so happy that you are so loving with everyone.
- blow the best kisses. And have started giving me big wet sloppy kisses on my nose.
There are so many favorite things that I have about you. It would be impossible to list them all. But in the spirit of these posts and wrapping up our year, I'll choose one. Of course the hugs and snuggles are always at the top of my list. But maybe my new favorite thing this month has been watching you try to walk and seeing the look on your face as you take those first few steps. You are so proud of yourself and so determined, even as wobbly as your little legs still are. And watching you try to stand on your own and dance at the same time is pretty amusing too.
Oh wait ... another absolute favorite is when you are sitting in front of me and you pat and kiss my big belly, making a big kissing sound while you do it. I wonder if you have any clue what is in there? Doubtful, but you sure do like to give my belly some love.
My baby, you are now a 1 year old. Thanks for a WONDERFUL first year, my sweet James! Being your mommy has been an absolute dream and pleasure. I can't wait to watch you develop into a happy adventurous little toddler.
And I barely got a picture of him sitting by his puppy to match the past months, and the above photo was the best I could do. He is a silly boy who is into everything and does not want to sit still or be confined. That was actually my second attempt to our monthly photo and was about a week after he turned 12 months. These were the other shots I got...
| The one was pretty cute, too. My little stinker. |
| He was rebelling against my idea of him sitting by his puppy. |
| He liked to read his book though. |
| This was his "I've had enough pictures and want to go play" face. |
No comments:
Post a Comment