Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easter blessings


What a wonderful Easter we had with our Easter blessings.  I love this family picture.  Beautiful day, beautiful kiddos, beautiful celebration of Christ.  And we all made it to church on time!

Rewind to Easter morning.  We did not go visit the Easter Bunny this year.  (Our Santa Clause experience was enough to last us for a while.)  But we did talk about Easter and about going to church and all the other fun things we would do on Easter.  Like Easter baskets ...


The girls dug into theirs and were very happy with their bunny ears, coloring books, recorders (the Easter bunny apparently lost her mind with bringing those noisy things!), hot pink super hero capes, flip flops, etc.



James enjoyed his Easter basket too.


The bunny ears, maybe not so much.  


"Look, I'm flying!"

Playing a duet with brother.  He's pretty talented.


Duets (loud ones!) all around.


Then we had a beautiful morning at church.  Did I mention we made it on time, with everyone dressed up and no screaming fits?  That was an Easter miracle.  And we went over to grandmommy and granddaddy's house to eat lunch and take pictures.  I love the picture above of our family of 5 1/2 ... but I also laugh at this action shot of us trying to take a photo.  So typical.


Madeline was into the camera that day.  She's such a daddy's girl.


 One of us girls.


A father and son bonding moment.


And one of the handsome boys inside so they weren't squinting.


 My three Easter eggs ... Annabel was making sure James did not fall off that bench.


And Madeline flashes that smile!


James on his 1st Easter.  What a handsome little man dressed in his Easter best.


Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment