Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reminiscing

Yes, I like to reminisce.  A lot.  I am a little sappy like that.  So on my son's 1st birthday, I am reminiscing about one year ago today and how much things have changed in a year... and how I never knew I could love another child this much.  I often wondered if there would be enough love to go around because I could not imagine loving anything as much as I love my beautiful twin girls.  But yes, there IS enough love to go around.  Time and energy?  Well, that's another story and is sometimes in short supply.  But the instant I saw my little James, it was like the ability to love just multiplied.

So here we were on this day last year.  As we prepared to take the girls to daycare and go to the hospital to have a baby, we had to compare bellies one last time!  (The girls look so little here!)


And just a few short hours later, he is here!  He entered the world with a lot of gusto.  The doc said he was screaming before he was even delivered ... said it was the first time she has ever seen that.  And he could be heard all the way down the hall, while getting cleaned up, etc.


But the moment they rolled me back in to the room and handed it to me, it was instant calm.  Melt my heart!  I love this photo because I remember that moment so vividly.  He cuddled up on me and settled down instantly like that is exactly where he was supposed to be.  


He was a momma's boy from day 1, and that is just fine with me!  


Today, as I lifted him out of his bed, he hugged me and snuggled against me just like he has done every day of his first year of life.  And I hope it continues for the next many many years.  I heard it before and now know it to be true ... just like daddy's and daughters, there is something special between mothers and sons.

Happy 1st Birthday to my James ... my heart, and my love.

(More about his birthday later ... )

No comments:

Post a Comment