Thursday, May 17, 2012

Egg hunting

Back to our Easter festivities ... I couldn't let the Easter holiday get too far gone without photos of the kiddos' Easter egg hunting experiences.

The week before Easter, while cousin Brooksie was in town, we had a pre-Easter egg hunt.  I guess it was practice for the next one on Easter day.  It is like I said last year ... not matter the age, just hand a kid a basket and they instinctively know what to do with it.  The girls enjoyed hunting eggs, and James enjoyed watching ... and trying to sneak some of their eggs and candy.  I have way too many pics to post, so I won't try to caption them all.  They speak for themselves.















Except this one ... I had to caption this one.  It's called "Why yes, I do look like my Uncle Robin.  I think it's the eyes!"


And now time for the Easter Day annual family Easter egg hunt!  We have fun every year with all the family getting together around Easter to play games, hunt eggs, and enjoy each other's company.  This Easter was a beautiful day, and a fun time was had by all!!  These pictures I will "caption" ... I can't resist.

Madeline loved playing Baggo ... 
And showing off her Madeline bunny shirt.
James had fun riding cars with cousin Ben.
And Annabel wanted to ride the bikes with the big boys!
Time for games!
James and Lydia were holding hands and cheering them on from the sidelines.
Let the egg hunting begin!
Madeline had to stop and open every egg to see what kind of chocolate was inside.
Showing off all her eggs.
"I got FIVE chocolates!"
Watching the hunting with my little Easter bunny James.
Madeline was not interested in sharing with brother and wanted him out of her basket.
I'm pretty sure I said "Smile" but maybe I said "everyone make funny faces!"
Hanging out with a few cousins.
Awww ... my favorite picture.
Ava found the Golden Egg (with money inside).
Miles found the Jr. Golden Egg (also with money inside).
My girls were very happy with their eggs and candy.
Pizza picnic time.
Cheers!  We love Easter ... and cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment